Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone elses NTL not working? (Dublin 15)

• 17-07-2006 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

NTL have problems all over D 15. Ring 1800-321-321. "Technicians on route".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 poison-inside

im in rathcoole and my connection is down since about 12pm today. i didnt notice any tripping before hand. im just lucky that i can leech off my neighbours connection for the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

perfect here in D15 QFT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

I've had no internet (or TV for that matter) all day. Currently on dialup.... pain in the ass.

<edit>
    FFS, 22 hours later (i's now 10:47PM) and it's *still* down :(
    </edit>

<edit again>
    Just came back now (11AM... almost 36 hours...)
    </edit>

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

MIne's just back on too. 2 days without it, Jeez I was starting to shake :rolleyes:

It's about time, thats a long time for TV & Broadband to go down for, Bit of a joke Tbh. I always say this about NTL when it fails on me for some reason or other, Quite unreliable. And the customer service is dire. But hey, When it works I don't complain. 10Mb is pretty fast.

Hj

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Yea mine was down too!

It went down sometime on Sunday and it only came back this morning. The funny thing is that NTL's support only operate on office hours. The girl on the end of the phone said they knew nothing about it till 9am Monday morning when they got a crap load of messages waiting for them from angry customers.

Its ridiculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

My guess would be that the power cut blew something out on Sunday night, and they were waiting for a replacement part to be delivered from somewhere.... which only came in this morning....

That's a *complete* guess though, I don't know anybody working for NTL or anything like that.

*hugs cable modem* let's never fight again

• Advertisement

andrew163 wrote:

*hugs cable modem* let's never fight again

weird

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭dublinhead

Ntl broadband has been on and off in the Rathcoole area since the weekend.

seems to be a DNS issue too, getting good pings but allot of webpages pages timing out etc ODD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭eoineen

We've had very little up time on NTL here in Kimmage for the last four days. It is intermittent. Emailed NTL CS but of course nothing back from them. Have seen NTL vans in the area but I think that's coincidental.

Leeching right now:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭zachler

NTL is intermittant for me in Ringsend (D4) Tuesday and today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

mine was dodgy last night for a while but unplugged my modem and then plugged it back in and it worked :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Its been down quite alot over the lsat week here. But i dont think we have the strongest signal anyway. We are on the top package and the fastest i ever get is just over 3mb!!!

Also has their email service been down for anyone else?

a bit of down time in d15 last night! anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Day-wanna-wonga

Mine is down in D13. Anyone else??

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

Down since about 9:30 last night D9

Bit utter ****e for 2 weeks now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

It was a bit laggy for me, ran the speedtest.ie and it said i had 9mb down and 500k up, ran it again it was saying 5mb down and 500k up. Just the lag tricking it I suppose. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Mine went out last night at 12 on the dot. was working when i got up. I wish they'd stop fecking around with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Actually, I take that back. All is forgiven NTL, I now get the full 512 kbit/s upload speed, up from 300kbit/s. That was worth a night without internet :)

1201 KB/s / 62 KB/s.
    <============ Happy camper.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭dublinhead

ntl had being intermittent for the last 2 weeks. The cableguy came today and found the connection to be installed incorectly.
    Seemenly the T-piece connection is marked in,out and tap if you look at the back of it. It said the Tap wire connection should go to your TV while the out wire connection should go to your ntl modem. Mine was the reverse.

Although both setups will work, he said the out connection as more signal strenght which is needed for the braodband. The Tv needs less of a signal and hense is only tapped of the T piece.

This is worth checking if any one is getting intermittent problems. This could be bull**** but time will tell if this was the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

Mine is down also, phoned NTL and they said the modem is the problem, I only get the 'sync' and power light on, it was working this morning at 8am then went off at 9am, asked them to send me out a new modem if that was the problem but they said they have to send a technician...fine send one out....they said it would be over two weeks by the time they have on available!!!!!!:mad:

So when the broadband is down (I'm new to NTL broadband) does the sync light just keep flashing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mourning Starr

I've been with them a week today .. so far with NTL it's a case of 'when they are good, they're very very good - but when they're bad.....'

it just randomly drops out of nowhere, you'll be talking to someone and wonder why they're taking their time to reply when you notice the ready light has started flashing ... absolutely infuriating

I mean I've never had a better service when it's active, but this random dropping is a pain the the f**king ar5e .. I think it'll be a case of any port in a storm until I can get a landline and revert to that option.

If anyone from NTL is reading this, you really need to get your goddamn act together instead of touting this half baked 5hite

Advertisement