Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster dominate the Irish Senior Cup

• 17-07-2006 1:47pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭

With only 2 teams from the North or North-West in the quarter-finals of the Irish Senior Cup, it's obvious that Leinster are dominating this competition this year.

There are 2 all-Leinster clashes, with Rush travelling to Clontarf while the currently rampant Railway Union visit The Hills, whom they conquered on Satuday in the 20Twenty final. My money will be on Railway to win this one, while the first tie is trickier to call.

Phoenix welcome Lurgan to the Park, having conquered Eglinton in their backyard on Sunday. Lurgan won a relatively low-scoring game against Instonians, so Phoenix would hope to overcome them & progress to the semis (yes, I'm a Phoenix member).

Clash of the round, in my opinion, sees Strabane play North County in the North-West. Both sides are strong, and some excellent cricket should ensue. I fancy North County to win this & complete an all-Leinster semi-final lineup.

So, if you fancy seeing some top-class cricket this Saturday get yourself along to Castle Avenue, Milverton, the Phoenix Park or Strabane!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭Bobo148

You should be the PRO....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Bobo148 wrote:
    You should be the PRO....

Yeah, it reads that way, doesn't it? :D

I just wanted to introduce some more local cricket content to the Boards. I'll try to update with results & scores later.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Well, my predictions weren't too bad! :D

Phoenix won fairly comfortably in the Park, while Railway ran away with it out in The Hills. Clontarf won the too-close-to-call game, while North County & Strabane were rained off - the replay date is in dispute because it clashes with an Ireland game, and both sides would be weakened.

All the scores are available on http://www.cricketeurope4.net/DATABASE/ARTICLES/articles/000029/002912.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭Bobo148

Clontarf won the too-close-to-call game,

Must have been too close to call, Rush won it.....

Bobo148 wrote:
    Clontarf won the too-close-to-call game,

Must have been too close to call, Rush won it.....

Ah, true. Whoops. Apologies to all!:eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement