Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kryptonite

Options
  • 17-07-2006 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

I've heard that these are the best bike lock around, but i've heard that the keys also break easily, anyone here have much experience with them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭t5pwr

I have a Kryptonite lock for about 4 years now and I have never broken a key with it. Apperently it's very hard to cut through...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

yes they are the very best but however they are expensive and the lower in the range aint much better than the others, the new york chain is the best but weighs a ****in ton, when i was in NY ALL the bikes were locked with them, but then again i actually felt safer in ny than dublin city:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Somebody posted a link a while with a good review of top of the range bike locks(including kryptonite) and the reviewer managed to break nearly all them bar the big feck off chains that weigh a ton.

Must try and find that link...

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭wahlrab

i ended up buying the new york one in chain reactions for just over 60 but i had a look around the shops in dublin and they were 90 how can there be such a price difference? is it shop rental or what i dunno?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I have a semi-decent Kryptonite and they're right about the keys - managed to bend it in the lock one day because I didn't relieve the pressure before unlocking, and had to straighten it between two desks to get my bike unlocked.

They do open and close remarkably easily with the key though, for shackle locks, and it seems pretty solid. Came with €1000 of insurance, so it couldn't be too bad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement