Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Icke - Nutter?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

jessop1 wrote:
    I think parts of his website are under construction, it underwent a re-vamp recently; anyhoo, I will find summat and post tonight
    Did you find any good content for me? I still can't watch those Youtube videos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

Well I wasn't going to go into much detail regarding his stuff because I thought the videos of him telling you his ideas would be good enough but I suppose I should go through this with you.

His basic theories revolve around a pattern of "hidden organizations" controlling the world. It should be obvious enought that the world is not an open society, no matter what you think (I would go into this more but I think it should be obvious enough without going off topic). Nor is democracy "Freedom". It simply isn't.

What David Icke researches into is a royal bloodline that traces back thousands of years that relates back to present-day politicains and world leaders (all in his books, also others such as "Holy Blood, Holy Grail"). He continuosly portrays the worlds knowledge as a pyramid. "Ordinary" working-class people would be at the very bottom of the pyramid, knowing the least, whilst politicians (who we think of as having ultimate power) are just below the tip whilst the people at the top have complete control over what information is released to the politicians and therefore, what information is passed on to us. The tip of the pyramid is what David Icke considers as the "Illuminati" or "Enlightened Ones" and they have controll over us and our world.

The "Illuminati" have changed it's name over the years to other societies such as The Freemasons among others but they have always maintained member high in office such as bankers, media people and politicians. These societies are synonymous with strange satanic rituals and sacrifices that are well documented, such as Bohemian Grove where many famous members of politics and media gathered to preform rituals to an Owl god.

Masonic symbolism is very important to Freemasons and other societies alike to inform other members of their presence. Such blatent imagery can be found in Washington D.C. (I recommend reading or looking at all the pictures on that one, real shocker) and in London and Paris also (Can be Googled, read or watched in the links I gave previously in other posts).

As for reptilian humanoids David Icke, along with many other authors, speculate that life was seeded here by aliens and through that other aliens mated with humans to create strange human-alien creatures. This is not an outlandish theme because it was decribed in the bible itself among endless other religious books. People such as Graham Hancock and Credo Mutwa (Watch videos in sequence, 1-48, 2-48 and so on) have researched ancient texts and buildings and have found many indications of alien intervention.

David Icke, with this knowledge, then speculates that the Illuminati itself is this "Reptilian" race that controls this extra-terrestrial knowledge and their aim is to keep the human race out of the knowledge meant for us so they can control us and turn us into "mind-controled robots" for their own use.

That is the gist of it.

Gordon wrote:
    Did you find any good content for me? I still can't watch those Youtube videos.

Previous post.

Well it sure does sound interesting!

So does David Icke not actually have any online material I can read then? Every link seems to take me to other people's websites. I'd like to read Ickes information, it's strange that he doesn't have any online. Please don't tell me to buy his book again!

Gordon wrote:
    Well it sure does sound interesting!

So does David Icke not actually have any online material I can read then? Every link seems to take me to other people's websites. I'd like to read Ickes information, it's strange that he doesn't have any online. Please don't tell me to buy his book again!

It is strange that he has none on his site. Maybe it so you can buy them? :) But you can Google for all of this.

Why can't you watch YouTube vids? All of his stuff is there.

• Advertisement

So Glad wrote:
    It is strange that he has none on his site. Maybe it so you can buy them? :) But you can Google for all of this.

Why can't you watch YouTube vids? All of his stuff is there.
    Well I'm a real skeptic to be honest and this is one of the things I don't like, this is one reason why I don't trust David Icke. He makes completely ludicrous claims and expects you to buy his book and give him money.

Youtube videos - I can't watch them 99% of the time, I'm at work and at home the connection isn't fast enough.

If someone could provide me with actual written content by this David Icke guy I would probably make an effort to spend a little bit more money on my 56k connection at home and actually watch his videos but so far all you are giving is links to other people's theories, not his.

Ok. I'll search about.

You can't help him for wanting money though. We all need to feed ourselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭jessop1

bonkey, if you were really interested in an honest debate on ickes work, you you would engage on the topics I've mentioned. Do you think they are BS, would you like to discuss some of the aspects of the evidence to back up these claims? If you were serious you would be asking those types of questions, but all you are interested in doing is shooting me down with your sarcastic bile.

Gordon, the problem I've found is that most of his detailed research on the topics I've mentioned are in his books, I cant source excerpts online.

Besides, as So Glad has kindly taken the time to write synopsis below I think that should be sufficient to stimulate further debate and if you are still interested in investigating that or any of the topics I've mentioned after this you could look into getting hold of the book.

As I mentioned, the news section on Ickes website provides a very intersting analysis of current events. What did you think of it?

Yeah, I can't find much of his work but I have found this site that revolves around Icke's work: David Icke E-Zine

You wouldn't expect an artist to give away his work for free so I'd say his work is copywrited.

The news section, I tried to find it yesterday but I wasn't sure exactly what section you were talking about as you didn't give a link. You mentioned that it's on the bottom but there's loads of stuff on the bottom but no news links. There is a heading called Alternative News but it isn't a hyperlink.

Sorry for being blind but it's usually best to link to the pages from a website especially in this case where the website is a bit of a mess with ads and ambiguous links everywhere!

• Advertisement

So Glad wrote:
    Yeah, I can't find much of his work but I have found this site that revolves around Icke's work: David Icke E-Zine

You wouldn't expect an artist to give away his work for free so I'd say his work is copywrited.
    What are David Icke's intentions? Does he want to show people the truth or does he want to make money or both?

Gordon, heres the link to the news section, you need to scroll down the page to get to the latest news headline stories

http://www.davidicke.com/content/blogcategory/30/48

I think Icke is always going to have that question asked of him, but as so glad says, he has to pay bills and put food on the table like everyone else.

As I understand it, he lives in a 1 bedroom flat and is by no means loaded, I have no doubt he is not in this game for the money, if he'd stayed with bbc as a presenter he would be much better off financially by now and a lot less ridiculed. But you'd be surprised how many people are cocking their ears up at what he has to say these days...

If your interested in David Icke and his intentions, here is his biography, courtesy of Wikipedia, your real god.

Ah I missed that link, cheers jessop1.

Well, I'm half way down that page and all I'm seeing is snippets of text with links to external sites again. He doesn't have any content on his site, that's official.

Unless I get my hands on those videos I'll give him a miss, thanks guys.

Actually, I wonder if David Icke still does lectures because I'd love to see him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Bonkey = Killer of conspiracy threads. ;)

Kernel wrote:

Eh, not really, no.

Or maybe he is planning a come-back special?

Kernel wrote:

you can kill any debate using the tactics of bonkey. If we all disect each others posts and respond with long winded diatribe to each sentence, the exponential rate of increase in the size of each subsequent post would soon make debate prohibitive.

Its tiresome to have to respond to that type of attitude and anyway bonkey is not interested in debating the details of ickes theories, as you say, all he/she wants to do is kill the debate.

By the way So Glad, Icke still does the odd lecture, he did one in London in May, I was at it and it was quite good..9 hours long. Like his books, his communication style was articulate, intelligent and his assertions backed up with verifiable facts.

I find bonkey to be one of, if not the most unbiased posters on boards. He researches or has researched everything he posts about and seems to base his argument not on his point of view but on the facts. Sometimes I think he plays the devil's advocate simply to understand both sides of the argument better. I really don't think he wants to kill debate - he just wants a more informed debate.

It's a shame you're dismissing him but it's difficult to have a discussion about Icke if he has very little information and writings online. Simply telling someone to buy Icke's book and read his whole website is pointless, it just won't happen.

jessop1, you really should pick at least one point that Icke makes and provide his core explanations if you truly want to determine whether we think he is a 'nutter' or not. Asking us about our thoughts on him and then telling us to read his book if we don't agree with him is not a good argument.

I really would be interested in going to a lecture of Icke out of morbid curiosity, however I get the impression that it would be like the pyramid schemes speeches I was invited to some time ago. You hear a bit of talk and if you want to hear more you pay money. How much does Icke charge for his lectures?

• Advertisement

Gordon wrote:
    I find bonkey to be one of, if not the most unbiased posters on boards. He researches or has researched everything he posts about and seems to base his argument not on his point of view but on the facts. Sometimes I think he plays the devil's advocate simply to understand both sides of the argument better. I really don't think he wants to kill debate - he just wants a more informed debate.

It's a shame you're dismissing him but it's difficult to have a discussion about Icke if he has very little information and writings online. Simply telling someone to buy Icke's book and read his whole website is pointless, it just won't happen.

jessop1, you really should pick at least one point that Icke makes and provide his core explanations if you truly want to determine whether we think he is a 'nutter' or not. Asking us about our thoughts on him and then telling us to read his book if we don't agree with him is not a good argument.

I really would be interested in going to a lecture of Icke out of morbid curiosity, however I get the impression that it would be like the pyramid schemes speeches I was invited to some time ago. You hear a bit of talk and if you want to hear more you pay money. How much does Icke charge for his lectures?

Here

$55 - Premium Seats
    $45 - Standard Seats

In Euros

€43 - Premium Seat
    €35 - Standard Seat

Metallica cost me €64 euro two years ago so that ain't too bad.

Gordon, both So Glad and I have outlined enough information to stimulate debate. I have listed a number of his claims, asked for views and am willing to discuss the details of his evidence. It has to be a two way process, you as the skeptic have to be willing to do at least some research of your own instead of asking for everything to be handed to you on a plate, thats not fair.

I dont know about bonkeys previous postings, so I have to take what you say about him at face value, all I know is that he has had a very belligerent attitude in his recent posts and thats never helpful

He claims to have read up on Icke and yet the "facts" he stated were way out, so I'm not sure if he's as well researched and unbiased as you think either.

Anyhoo, getting back to topic, what are your opinions on the Icke assertions I mentioned in post 17

ps Icke charged 25 sterling for the 9hour lecture, pretty good value when you compare that to the price of a gig, threatre show or football match, which are quarter of the lenght and upwards of 2/3 times more expensive,,

Also, I think it is worth stating how much David Icke does to get this message through to people and how much daily ridicule and pure harasment he goes through daily, for the meager money he recieves. David has been censored repeatedly by people he has never met, and for no reason. He has even been called, and still is called, an anti-semite. At one point he has even had pies thrown at him during a book launch by people who have repeatedly called him a racist. He lives in constant ridicule so I don't think he is doing this for money.

Give him some credit, and know that he is adamant about what he says. So are other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

jessop1 wrote:
    bonkey is not interested in debating the details of ickes theories, as you say, all he/she wants to do is kill the debate.

Thats why I've said time and time and time and time again that I will debate any information you actually include here or link to here, but will not start attacking the collective works of Icke because someone says its compelling reading and shows they aren't willing to go into detail themselves.

So far, there is nothing to debate. I've been told topics that Icke has addressed, and given the briefest of overviews of what he says. Thats it. No content. Nothing. I've been asked to debate as compelling an argument as "Icke says Diana was murdered and he makes a good case".

There is no debate to kill, because there is no-one to debate. Icke isn't here, and not one of the Icke-supporters has posed anything approaching a well-formed argument.

I intend this to be my last post on this thread. If debate actually breaks out in my absence (which I rank as more likely than Icke being right, but still highly miprobable) I might reconsider.

Im not really bothered if you dont post again bonkey, my opinion remains unchanged that you are more interested in mocking from the sidelines than debating. Nothing we can say to you will change your opinion because you are not open to the possibility of changing your views through discourse with others.

If you were, then you would ask proactive questions of the info posted in order to get to the bottom of it and discern whether the evidence has basis. So Glad posted a good synopsis of Ickes overall work, you havent responded to that. I have posted a number of Ickes claims that I agree have basis but you are not interested in discussing those further or questioning the evidence.

Also, would it kill you to go to a library and borrow an icke book? or god forbid spend a tenner or so and buy one??

You are not willing to lift a finger to research the man yourself yet how much time have you spent scoffing on this thread?? that is very telling...

here is one last link:

www.davidickeforum.com

Icke is not officially affiliated with this site but you will find his theories and the theories of other researchers being discussed here.

It has a huge backlog of threads, so if you search under some of the terms mentioned by myself and So Glad, you will find lots of threads discussing those topics, including links and lots of diverse opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Thanks for that.

I'll go see if anyone there is interested in discussing the topic, rather than simply pointing me at other people's discussions.

"I'll go see if anyone there is interested in discussing the topic"

The sheer hypocrisy of that is hilarious....

• Advertisement

bonkey wrote:
    Thanks for that.

I'll go see if anyone there is interested in discussing the topic, rather than simply pointing me at other people's discussions.

I recommend reading my previous post basically outlining his theories, that are 100% debatable. Here.

Also, if you find no substance for debate on that post I recommend you listening to Icke himself on the videos I have posted previously. Those are from his mouth and are completely debatable also.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement