Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL and Linksys Router

• 17-07-2006 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm going to be setting up a Linksys WRT54G router with NTL BB for a friend. My experience to date has been with Eircom/BT and I know that the Internet Connection Type in the router must be set to PPPoE using these ISPs.

My question is what type of internet connection should I pick using NTL and are there any other settings that would be different from Eircom?

Thnx ...Z

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Set it to get ip address dynamically. Should be all you need to do. Just remember to switch off modem for ten mins, then connect it to router, switch on router, wait for router to sort itself, then switch on modem. That way the modem will release the ip address assigned to the PC it was previously connnected to.

Advertisement