Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Slimfit CRT HDTV

• 17-07-2006 3:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭

Hey I was wondering could you guys point me in the direction of where i can get one of these bad boys.

I am not concerned with space so I was wondering does anyone know where i can buy a samsung slimfit 32" CRT HDTV and what are the prices like. Is there anywhere online that sell them? I have done a google search but didn't find anything good

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

power city had 32" ones for 799 when i was in last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

subway wrote:
    power city had 32" ones for 799 when i was in last week

thanks mate, have ya heard anything good or bad bout them???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

really mixed reviews , people having to take them back due to errors in the display, so mainly bad.

check www.avforums.com they have LOADS of info on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

try www.avforums.com for a review of anything AV :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

bloody hell, that'll learn me to open a load of threads, then answer them one at a time, without refreshing !

Thanks MM, i was looking at a samsung slimfit TV in Harvey Normans and it did have a HDMI input so its probably not the same model but will more than likely suffer from the same geometry probs.

Ok seeing as the samsung slimfit is below par what's the best HDTV (preferably a CRT) for 1000 euro??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

try www.avforums.com for a review of anything AV :D

There are a few other models, But you will get a detailed review / breakdown on the website, why CRT over LCD / PLASMA ? as for 1000 euro you can get a 32" LCD !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I posted the same question a while ago.

Seems people wouldnt recommened it. Will prob get one and see what its like

kearnsr wrote:
    I posted the same question a while ago.

Seems people wouldnt recommened it. Will prob get one and see what its like

if you do get one will you PM me and let me know how it goes.

I would be playing the 360 on it so i'd prefer the CRT. Does anyone make a CRT that is HDTV but not slimfit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Hopefully! samsing do someting about the problems with newer models but seems like there just ignoring there is a problem at all which isnt a good sign.

Try Currys up north as its something like £450 in the uk, so should be about 675 euros.

I'd say a lot of ppl would probably be happy with that tv even if there were slight problems, as ppl who check the avforums wouldnt be the average person. As they would look for everything thing possible that could be wrong, and probably even find problems just after reading about them and never even noticed them before that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

DID in Tallaght village have them and its the new model. I was going to get one last year but there was some problems with the screens on last years model.

Check the Samsung website and get the current model number. I decided to get a bigger 42 inch Samsung plasma instead. But the CRT was one of my top3 choices.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Hopefully! samsing do someting about the problems with newer models but seems like there just ignoring there is a problem at all which isnt a good sign.

Try Currys up north as its something like £450 in the uk, so should be about 675 euros.

I'd say a lot of ppl would probably be happy with that tv even if there were slight problems, as ppl who check the avforums wouldnt be the average person. As they would look for everything thing possible that could be wrong, and probably even find problems just after reading about them and never even noticed them before that.

Yeah I would agree with this too. It looked good in the shop when I saw if and I probably would've bought it only for reading the avfourm. I'm prob gona wait to see whats out in the new years when I have more cash to buy one

Like is it just me or is there a huge hole in the market for decent CRT HDTVs. I don't care if its slim.

Its cheaper than the LCD equivalent and is a decent stepping stone on the HDTV ladder.

Vegeta wrote:
    Like is it just me or is there a huge hole in the market for decent CRT HDTVs. I don't care if its slim.

Its cheaper than the LCD equivalent and is a decent stepping stone on the HDTV ladder.

I'd feel the same. I dont mind how big it is. I've a fairly big 21 inch normal tv and a decent side slim fit HDTV would be about the same size I reckon and I can live with that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭mayto

Anyone chance getting one of these? and does anyone know would you be able to get a refund or an exchange in DID electrical if there were major problems with it, or would they just fob you off and say their isnt anything wrong with it.

Advertisement