Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best SME broadband provider

• 17-07-2006 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

Will be sharing an office with 1 or two other people and we will need broadband.

I am thinking a 2MB or 3MB package, which is within our budget.

But who is the best provider for a small business bb package?

It will be in dublin city centre.

Imagine seem to have good packages. I am with BT Ireland for my dialup at home, so might see what they are offering as well.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

There's lots of hidden gotchas with Imagine, they seem like a complete shower of cowboys to me. BT offer the best pricing for home packages (apart from Smart Telecom but that's sverely limited on availability) but have certain well known issues. I think they only offer business broadband on their unbundled exchanges, and the price of that is not so cheap I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Dodgeball's post deleted and user banned for commercial spamvertising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

Yep I thought that looked like spam.

Imagine seem to have a good package, but the other main providers have some interesting offers too.

I guess it comes down to cost, customer service and reliability, but it would be good to hear from someone who is already with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Irish Broadband are suppose to be v good. Coverage can be a little limited but price and quality is suppose to be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

IBB Are supposed to be good....LMAO Your havina laugh, Right?

• Advertisement

I think I can safely say IBB will not be an option. We hope to have a fairly IT-savvy guy sharing the office with us, so he might know a thing or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Try netsource, for business level I cant reccomend anyone better!

ricey wrote:
    IBB Are supposed to be good....LMAO Your havina laugh, Right?

well just after installing irish broadband in the house, already having problems given that its not working...

are they really bad ? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Netsource 01 4336000 press 2 for sales....best on the go

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

BTW Magnet is the same thing they bought Netsource out....

JohnnieM wrote:
    Netsource 01 4336000 press 2 for sales....best on the go

Noted - thank you for the advice.

I have read good things about Colt Telecom who own Netsource, so looks like they are worth talking to...

one hell of a blonde moment im after having installing that thing :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Heyes wrote:
    Tell them it doesn't work and you want rid of it now. If you cancel it quickly then there should be no fees to pay. Cancel your direct debit with the bank as IBB will try to charge you anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Heyes wrote:

Your assertion above that IBB is very good was another not so glorious moment.

jrey1981, if you're in the city centre, you can possibly get Smart's ADSL. If that's not possible, there are stacks of ADSL resellers like Digiweb, Netsource, and BT.

might look into smart aswell - the office is in the city centre

Blaster99 wrote:
    Your assertion above that IBB is very good was another not so glorious moment.

im aware of that

Looks like Pure Teleocom for the phone line + voice calls and their partner Netsource for 3MB broadband which three of us will be sharing. The third guy in our office is getting his own number and line transferred.

Other lines in the building seem to check out ok for broadband, so I dont envisage problems there...

Any idea how long we might have to wait for phone line installation and then broadband?

Pure Telecom suggested 10-14 days for each, but Eircom have said up to 28 days and then 14 days respectively...?

Advertisement