Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot fridge?

Options
  • 17-07-2006 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum for this question. But here it goes over the last few months I have noticed that the outside of one side and the outside if the door getting very hot to touch. The inside temperature is fine. Was wondering what could be causing this and could it be dangerous? :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is it iceing up inside at all? Check under the freezer in the fridge area. It sounds like the cooling system is'nt working efficently.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,404 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The rear is supposed to got hot/warm but never heard of a door getting warm. I'd go with above advice and check for ice/give it a good defrosting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭kilasser

There is no freezer part. Its just a fridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Does the unit switch to 'stand-by' at all or is it in cooling mode all the time (ie humming!)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I notice this with my fridge too. The little part in between the two doors the small breadbin sized freezer is on top and the Refrigerator section is below, I notice the little strip in between can get warm, although these last few hot days it has gotten alot hotter but is not Hot as per say yet. Funny it is, a haunted Fridge?

• Advertisement
Advertisement