Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Representative of Cork people?

Options
  • 17-07-2006 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

I recently started a thread which was closed down for reasons unknown? Is this a normal occurence?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

It was most likely locked by a mod who'd noticed the thread was going nowhere except for sniping between you and a few of the reg'lars. Normally you'd get a PM telling you why, but it's not exactly a mystery wrapped up in an enigma for this case...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 dt301

Okay, fair enough...there was a lot of sniping but it wasn't one way traffic. I never set out to argue. What I initially thought was light-hearted banter was possibly picked up in the wrong way....? Im not backing down in that I still believe the forum has as much right to stay open as any other.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

You never set out to argue? Hahahahahaha!

But seriously, it happens when threads descend into crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 dt301

Well, Ok, maybe the thread was left open for arguments.
    On a brighter note, there has been over 2400 views which is a far greater number than most of the other threads. Even if these people were only looking at it to frown at those of us who enjoy a laugh, it nevertheless proved popular with the masses.
    I have also come to the conclusion that I simply posted the thread on the wrong message board...one where people with the ability to sense humour were few and far between. I will go, onwards and upwards, to other message boards such as PROC to find amusing posts, and when I find myself longing to discuss such topical issues as the Cork bus service and comic book competitions I will always know that there is a bunch of highly strung dour, sultry feminists waiting to be of assistance...Thanks everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

dt301 wrote:
    I have also come to the conclusion that I simply posted the thread on the wrong message board...one where people with the ability to sense humour were few and far between. I will go, onwards and upwards, to other message boards such as PROC to find amusing posts, and when I find myself longing to discuss such topical issues as the Cork bus service and comic book competitions I will always know that there is a bunch of highly strung dour, sultry feminists waiting to be of assistance...Thanks everyone.

Ooh, saucer of milk for you? :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Well, I guess that's my latest "bored-at-work" source of entertainment done with then. What a tragedy. And lo, vast oceans of tears were shed to mark the departure of the latest King Of The Eejits from the hallowed lands of BoardsCork.

That said, it is nice to know that, on the off chance we're ever stuck for Village Idiot, there's an ideal candidate just waiting for his moment to shine...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

Fysh wrote:
    Well, I guess that's my latest "bored-at-work" source of entertainment done with then. What a tragedy. And lo, vast oceans of tears were shed to mark the departure of the latest King Of The Eejits from the hallowed lands of BoardsCork.

That said, it is nice to know that, on the off chance we're ever stuck for Village Idiot, there's an ideal candidate just waiting for his moment to shine...

Saucers of milk all round I guess... ;)

Advertisement