Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Cheap CPU's and Making Money

Options
  • 17-07-2006 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭

The prices of the amd single cores have been cut by a huge ammount on komplett. Should i buy a few, say 5 and sell them on ebay quick before everywhere cuts their prices on the 24 of this month. Or would i just end up with a load of cpus and a big hole in my pocket?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

thought this was the tweaking and modding section ?? lol

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

4Xcut wrote:
    Or would i just end up with a load of cpus and a big hole in my pocket

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

awhir wrote:
    yes

Indeed, most likely. Ebay can be funny at times, but think AMD CPUs are a bit niche for effective price gouging.

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

awhir wrote:
    yes
    QFT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Good way to lose loads of money. I doubt komplett are the only place on the web to have dropped their prices, and I doubt that anyone who hasn't heard of the AMD price drops shops on eBay for CPUs....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

WTF:eek: Wouldnt buy a chip on ebay........Who would?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

*puts his hand up*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

*puts his hand up*
    "dont mind if i do" *does homer goes crazy movements*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

PogMoThoin wrote:

I regulary car shop on ebay, buying a CPU is rather tame no? Ok, I havent found one I want there, but if I did, being on eBay wouldnt stop me. Most purchases there are protected by two layers (ebay and PayPal payment protection), which is a lot more than can be said than buying from BuyandSell or Boards for that matter.

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

MAtt Simis wrote:
    I havent found one I want there, but if I did, being on eBay wouldnt stop me. Most purchases there are protected by two layers (ebay and PayPal payment protection)
    Good luck with buying a car though, PayPal only covers up to €500;) - not many (good) cars going for that money:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Komplett are one of the biggest e-tailors in Europe.. They are not exclusive to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭poggy

PogMoThoin wrote:

bought both of mine on ebay a athlon 64 3000+, and more recentaly a opteron 165.

both work great, overclock very well and were a hell of a lot cheaper than on komplett or overclockers.:D

suppose i'v been lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

PogMoThoin wrote:

I already have. And graphics cards. Even a projector. :)

Buying electronics on ebay is relatively safe. Either they work (and probably will for some time to come) or don't, and you're faced with sending it back.

Advertisement