Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warm weather hot tar!!!

Options
  • 17-07-2006 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭

I've been finding that in this hot weather i am getting a serious amount of tar from the roads being sprayed onme. Anybody have a sugestion how i can remove this stuff from my body cause it is really getting on my nerves......and yes i do shower straight after my trip..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Use an engine degreaser. Works wonders.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

eh dunno what you want...
    if ya wanna get it off the bike id reccomend muc-off degreaser and the bike cleaner, with a cloth to remove it and a bruch will scrape the paint.
    if its on you i dunno what to do sorry:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I was strangely drawn to this thread.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It rots your tyres too. I think they were michelin selects anyway they had parallel grooves and just soaked up that tar. Remember one year the layer of hot tar was picking up grit and then a second layer of tar on top of that !

Butter works too* if you want an old fashioned bio-degradable way.

* not very effective though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

WD40 is great - can't vouch for it's safety on the skin but I use it all the time and wash it straight off - no probs

• Advertisement
Advertisement