Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RSS Help

Options
  • 17-07-2006 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,907 ✭✭✭✭

Hopefully someone can help.

I have created an RSS xml file, which validates fine. When i first created it and ran it though Bloglines, it picked up the links i wanted and all was well.
    However, when i edit the feed file, it is not picked up by bloglines - it still displays the old RSS which doesn't link to anything anymore. I tried a different aggregator, and it picked up the new feed.xml file, but again when i edited it, the ned file was not seen.

Is there something i am supposed to do when i edit the feed.xml file to notify and aggregators that i have changed the file? if so, what? Or is it that RSS feed agregators only check once a day, or some other specific time frame?

When i am editing the feed.xml file i am only changing the contents and amount of <item> tags, nothing else, am i supposed to be changing something in the description?

Any help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Depends on the aggregator I suppose but the aggregator would need to be refreshed to pull in the new content.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

any chance you could post up the code? is it php?
    are you using the close function to close the file after you edit it?
    chmod777 is set yes?

Advertisement