Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streetball competition

Options
  • 17-07-2006 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

got asked to send this around by Beni. Anyone who frequents Diamond Park will probably know him!

I doubt I can make this myself, gaa matches practically every weekend for the summer, but all of the details are on hardwoodhero's site www.streetballireland.com

Surprised you haven't posted about it already mate!

Phil.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Myself and hardwood have entered a team, pretty decent too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭hardwoodhero

Yeah it should be a good laugh with a bit of luck we will do well too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Need any extra players???

We have the full 6 at the mo but one may not be able to make it so ill let ya know if we need one.

Who might be missing? I can't access your forums either, problems??

• Advertisement

Yeah the company that hosts the forums ( invisionn free) server is down at the moment should be back up soon.

Big Shane isnt 100% if he can go yet but hopefully he will.

Yeah ****ing right he better be there LOL AH I'm sure we can get another big man to step in if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

Those courts in Diamond are bloody small for 5v5!

Yeah I know, you try telling that to the people playing there but they never ****ing listen, it's retarded, they're more of a 3v3 court and 4v4 if you push it.

Jesus, was down there today ended up being war between a load of scumbags and the other court full of chinese.

One of the chinese guys must have hit one of the little kids and it started out into all out war. Scumbags brought friends up from down the road and it all spilled out onto Gardiner street, and all the nee-naws were coming up the road by the time I had left.

Bit crazy, not too sure if it'd be wise to be down there next weekend just in case!

• Advertisement

What are ya talking about, I'm bringing popcorn down next week :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Popcorn in an APC maybe.. jeez, wouldnt want to be caught up in the middle of something like that.. whats next? Drive by shootings? :D

Thats mad! Was it like a riot?

When I saw it on the courts, there probably wasn't enough scumbags there for it to be called a riot. But it was a big mill on. There were some big chinese guys there including one playing on our court and when he joined it he starting chasing one of the scumbags around the court, hehe.

There was one very funny bit where one of scumbags was in a headlock by one of the chinese and his bare back was in the air. One of the chinese girls was hitting him over the back with an empty coke bottle and screaming what sounded like profanities at him.

It filtered out onto the road which was a bit crazy, traffic stopped and scumbags running up past my car up the road to get a couple of digs in at the chinese.

At that stage the Chinese guys weren't interested in fighting anymore and I could see them trying to walk up the road but the scummers weren't gonna let them do that! Nee-naws were coming, so I doubt it went on much longer!

Phil.

Ok so this leads to an inevitable question, which do you think won?? :p

It got cancelled because of the rain. It's on again in 3 weeks time.

Did you get anyone in the end? You guys back training for next season yet?

Yeah we got someone at the thing but sure it didn't go ahead and now I can't play at the next one :rolleyes:

Yeah we're training from 7-8/8:30 on wednesdays, just scrimmaging, in the arena

Advertisement