Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy music

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Curtis Mayfield - Movin On Up

Most of Jams Brown stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Definetly CSS.
    I implore anyone to listen to "Music Is My Hot Hot Sex" and not smile!!:D

Also if you can find "Monty Python Sings!" buy it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Belle and Sebastian always make me happy.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

This will make you smile :D Although I can't see you going out and buying it, or where you would even get it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Muse - Can't Take My Eyes Off You
    Travis - Happy ("I'm so happy cause you're so happy")
    Lit - Lovely Day ("Such a lovely day, and it's nothing more than ordinary living")
    Oasis - Live Forever ("You and I we're gonna live forever")
    Jimmy Eat World - The Middle ("Everything, everything will be alright, alright")

And my top 'feel good' song -

Incubus - Are You In?

Guarantees a smile on my face every time!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

My favourite happy song is Peaches En Regalia, the opening track on Frank Zappa's 1969 masterpiece Hot Rats.

Frank wrote lots of happy music so check out the aforementioned Hot Rats along with The Grand Wazoo, Waka Jawaka, Just Another Band From L.A. and Studio Tan. Cheers me up every time.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭deemy

nobody has mentioned wham. for sure their greatest hits are totally happy songs. oh and stevie wonder too. Although 2 years later I hope you have cheered urself up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Most cheap Northern Soul compilation CDs have a few cracking tunes that would lift the spirits and get you smiling again.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

have a bit of a crappy time of it myself lately. but the following have cheered me up. Jonathan Richman and Operator Please.

Wasted Days and Peculiar by the slackers have also both really cheered me up over the last week. Their lyrics can be quite sad but their music is really happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

[sarcasm]Radiohead![/sarcasm]

But seriously. The feeling are nice and happiful, chessy and all as they are. Jump from Van Halen always gets me up...not in that way, although that solo is very class. I Wanna Rock from Twisted Sister. That kind of thing, hair metal in general is vber uplifting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭BurnsCarpenter

whiterob81 wrote: »
    have a bit of a crappy time of it myself lately. but the following have cheered me up. Jonathan Richman and Operator Please.

Wasted Days and Peculiar by the slackers have also both really cheered me up over the last week. Their lyrics can be quite sad but their music is really happy.
    +1 on Jonathan Richman - The New Teller never fails for me.
    Also, Carrot Rope by Pavement - ideally with the silly video.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

vampire weekend - A Punk

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_XC2mqcMMGQ

Advertisement