Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuff to do, meeting people.

Options
  • 17-07-2006 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone have ideas for meeting people, making friends etc? In Rochfortbridge area.
    I myself im not bothered though my wife is a little miserable as she does not know anyone here and anyone she does know are in Dublin.. being American and only in country for a little over 2 years she does not have a group of friends herself...
    Added to the fact she cant drive, well she can but only automatic and i do not have one :D So short of buying a new car i cant afford.. anyone got any ideas?
    Public transport from Dublin to here is non existant after about 9pm or before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Have a look and see are there any meeting groups or hobby groups in the area. You can also try fun, laid-back stuff like bingo either!

I lived in Tyrrellspass for 2 years with my belle, and we did that kind of stuff (so I kind of know what you mean). I'm into Astronomy anyway, and have been in Tullamore AS for years. She got interested in it, and is now on the committee! We went to bingo a couple times too. And we're only in our mid twenties!

See what other groups could be nearby that you/she might like (gardening club, ramblers club, arts and crafts, yoga... who knows).

You've also got 2 good cinema's near by. The IMC in Mullingar, and the refurbished Omniplex in Tullamore.

Go for picnics or country walks. You got Lough Ennell nearby, and Belvedeere.

She probably doesn't realise what she likes, but getting involved in something new could be the key to help her meet new friends. But you better take some interest yourself to help her!

Seanie.

Advertisement