Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

velvet crab

• 17-07-2006 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Can anybody tell me what parts of the velvet crab you can and cant eat. the crab is cooked in teh shell and frozen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Sligoaidan wrote:
    Can anybody tell me what parts of the velvet crab you can and cant eat. the crab is cooked in teh shell and frozen

Normally you can eat most of a crab, once you know what bits not to eat.
    The contents of the legs can be eaten as can all the white meat in the main body which is hard to get out, you're best to quarter it with a sharp knife and use a chopstick to pick it out, it's not easy. Once you remove the lungs and the stomach almost everything else is edible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Basically, if you're not sure, just get rid of all the dark stuff & only eat the white meat. The darker parts can be lovely if sieved, cooked & used in a mayonnaise/dressing for the white meat, but I'm not so sure you can do that with precooked stuff.

Advertisement