Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What will Tuesday bring? More high Temps.

Options
  • 17-07-2006 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭

Right monday is nearly over,so bring on Tuesday.
    Very high temps recorded around the country with unbroken sunshine and with low Humidity levels expereinced.
    More of the same tomorrow maybe with a slight increse in humidity levels which will make it a bit more heavy and less comfortable.
    If 30c was reached in some spots in the midlands are we expecting higher?
    What you think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Tuesday looks interesting, some 30+ temps likely , which is exceedingly rare in Ireland.

I'm going for Kilkenny and possibly Casement at the 30 mark or higher. This is turning out to be one helluva summer when you think back to March which was more like a January in term of temps.

If the front is delayed on wednesday , Dublin Airport might get close to record country, all to play for!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,769 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

If outside temperature gauges in a bus is anything to go by it was 33c today in Carlow town...hopefully same again tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Trilla wrote:
    If outside temperature gauges in a bus is anything to go by it was 33c today in Carlow town...hopefully same again tomorrow

They are very inaccurate those gauges,thta would have equalled the all time record.Temps were as high as 30c in some parts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

I think we could see 31C tomorrow and possibly 32C on Wednesday but thats as high as it will go.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

The forecast on RTE are absolutely certain that 30C plus will be reached inland. I've never seen them so confident... ;)

• Advertisement

darkman2 wrote:
    I think we could see 31C tomorrow and possibly 32C on Wednesday but thats as high as it will go.
    I agree and said so earlier today on the private mod board.
    I'm quite pleased that the eagle agree's with me.

The potential for hot weather in the south east and up the east coast increases I think on wenesday as the winds are bound to fluctuate with the approaching weather systems thereby muting the sea breezes.

We had a max of only 23c here today,19 in Rosslare due to the pleasant cooling northeasterly off the Irish sea.

If that goes which I think it will,we boil like the midlands.

Not sure I want that to be honest,today was lovely to work outside in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The wind will get up a bit along the south coast and south east corner tomorrow so Rosslare will proberly only be a degree or so higher if at all.

Mike.

sh*t 18,000 posts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

Earthman wrote:
    We had a max of only 23c here today,19 in Rosslare due to the pleasant cooling northeasterly off the Irish sea.
    Rosslare is practically on the beach. I hear the TUCSON station in Joshnstown Castle outside Wexford town can have substantially different temperatures (eg Today..)

Clones is at 27C at 11:00am:)

Greater potential for higher temps today in the west southwest and Ulster including Clones.

Kilkenny and Birr wont have as much potential as theres too much cloud there today.

They'll have trouble reaching their max of yesterday and wont reach 30c if that cloud persists.

Clones will hit 30c though,I've no doubt and probably more.

http://www.met.ie/sat/iuk-v.asp

• Advertisement

That met Éireann link has the 6am sat pic

http://www.metoffice.com/satpics/latest_uk_vis.jpg

that one shows the cloud stubbornly there affecting the midlands from Kilkenny right up through Laois and into Birr.

That will have to go to get 30c.
    It might go locally but not necessarally at the Met stations.

Edit you can see some lovely thunderstorms developing in the low well west of Biscay on that sat pic :)

Earthman wrote:

that one shows the cloud stubbornly there affecting the midlands from Kilkenny right up through Laois and into Birr.

Edit you can see some lovely thunderstorms developing in the low well west of Biscay on that sat pic :)

I have that cloud over me at the moment Earthman and its not that bad. Its sunny just little bits of high whispy cloud stuff.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

cloudy here now, gone cooler as well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

23C in Dublin airport at the moment, slight covering of Cirrus.
    Sunshine was 15.5 hours yesterday (monday).

At 12:00 temperatures have actually dropped back slightly in one or two spots. Clones now 26C. Probrably thanks to nuisance value cloud.....

Earthman wrote:

Them Ts are accually further north than i would have expect them to be.
    Might be looking at an earlier time for activity for SW that is.Might.

The cloud here is disipating now and it really does feel warmer then yesterday in the sunshine:) The 30C mark is gonna be smashed somewhere.

Kilkenny is at 30C at 2pm:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

33°C in Paris and has been the normal high for about a week or so now and will probably stay about the 30°C mark for a few weeks to come with temps of 35° predicted for tomorrow.

Sometimes I wish I lived back in Ireland again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

N21 Rathkeale Bypass Jul 18, 14:01 31.0° C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

http://www.met.ie/, look up kilkenny 30 degrees

darkman2 wrote:
    Kilkenny is at 30C at 2pm:)
    Not surprised.

My davis is out in an open field exposed to a ne sea breeze and its nudged 24c.

Just drove from Arklow to Gorey and back and the difference from the coast to a few miles inland is marked.

Around here my jeep said the outside temp was 25 but it just kept rising as I went a few miles inland from Gorey peaking at 29.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

It certainly feels like about 29C where I am, I cant remember the last time it felt this hot where I am. its proper spanish heat. I think it couldve been around 1991 or 1992 that we had a long heatwave and I remember 30C then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Pleasently cool here only 22c

I have to say though im abit disappointed even though i wouldnt
    of liked 30c heat!

But 30c has been hit in Shannon, Birr and Kilkenny today

Has anyone got over 31c today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

not too hot here in north dublin,hazy sunshine and light cloud cover at times, anyone got an accurate temp for glasnevin (i live close to met office building),whens the weather gonna cool a bit more? ive trouble sleeping at night.

not too hot here in north dublin,hazy sunshine and light cloud cover at times, anyone got an accurate temp for glasnevin (i live close to met office building),whens the weather gonna cool a bit more? ive trouble sleeping at night.

Friday will be alot cooler with temps in low 20s and night temps will be down to 12/13c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

i notice the fan on my pc is rotating faster than normal to keep the pc cool. cant be helping to keep my room cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Birr, Shannon and Kilkenny @30C , thats pretty outstanding for an Irish summer, mightn't see that again in my lifetime (unless it happens again tomorrow!!)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Was in Carlow and Kilkenny from 1.30 - 3 pm like a bloody oven.

Waterford at 4 pm 26.5C

Mike.

Advertisement