Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

stood on a 1 half inch nail

• 17-07-2006 8:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭

right i have just stood on a ****in nail(not rusty), now it hasnt gone the whole way through i pulled out quick, but there is a hole and alot of blood, now i wanna go out on my mountain bike to do jumps and stuff that has high impact on my foot, should i bandage it up and go or wait till tomorrow???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Doctor's office closed....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

kona wrote:
    right i have just stood on a ****in nail(not rusty), now it hasnt gone the whole way through i pulled out quick, but there is a hole and alot of blood, now i wanna go out on my mountain bike to do jumps and stuff that has high impact on my foot, should i bandage it up and go or wait till tomorrow???

yeah you need to get a tetnus shot for that before it gets very badly infected. The mountain bike will still be there tomorrow. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

go to a doctor. dont go out biking as it may cause further damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

but i dont wanna go out to the ****ing hospital ill prob get sumthin worse there like listenin to drunk scum for 5 hours, can a gp give tetanus???
    i really dont wanna go to hospital , i put antiseptic on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Go out and ride the bloody bike, cause thats the answer you're looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

kona wrote:
    but i dont wanna go out to the ****ing hospital ill prob get sumthin worse there like listenin to drunk scum for 5 hours, can a gp give tetanus???
    i really dont wanna go to hospital , i put antiseptic on it

The doc will give you a tetnus, relax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

you WILL have to get a tetnus and afaik a GP can give these.but what would be worse, listening to a drunk or getting a foot infection?

you WILL have to get a tetnus and afaik a GP can give these.but what would be worse, listening to a drunk or getting a foot infection?

a drunk dublin scumbag atleast then it just my foot thats wrecken not my head and foot:eek: .
    just readin up on tetanus it seems to be just found in soil, now this nail was in a piece of wood until i smashed it and foolishly stood on it. i go to doctor tomorrow , fifty ****in euro:mad:
    thanks lads just wasnt sure what to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

GP can give them.. what age are you poster? Sorry its just you sound like you are 11 or 12 in which case you should be asking your parents.. not internet users.

Saruman wrote:
    GP can give them.. what age are you poster? Sorry its just you sound like you are 11 or 12 in which case you should be asking your parents.. not internet users.

18 but i look 16;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I am getting scared here, did you really need advice on what to do here OP?:confused: Depends what part of the country you are in but some parts have doctor on call that can help you if you can't wait until tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Right well then seriously.. go to your GP and get a shot. You might be fine but if not you will look back and wish you had taken the advice of a bunch of interent nerds when your foot goes to sh!t and you can't ride your bike and do jumps and stuff :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

zabbo, unhelpful and off-topic posting will get you banned from this forum.
    Do take time to read the charter which contains the rules and abide by them.
    Have a nice day.
    Thaedydal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

kona you need to get it looked at and get a tentus shot.
    Ask a family memeber to have a look at it as assess it.
    Go to the dr.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement