Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastern Sky?

Options
  • 17-07-2006 10:16pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Did anyone just see 2 meteors fly by in the eastern, northeastern part of the sky. One a faint orange and the other red? i watched them as they got dimmer and disappeared into the horizon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

I didn't see it but I read in a magazine that there was a meteor shower due sometime soon. However, I cannot remember what specific dates it gave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Circa July 20th to August 22nd, with a peak on the nights of August 11th and 12th. Its the Perseids meteor shower. More info on that will appear here later. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

As Seanie M says, start keep your eyes open from now on. Unfortunately the moon will still be quite strong around their peak, which will make them a little harder to see. Still, there will be opportunities to see plenty even when the moon will not be such a hindrance.

Advertisement