Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spiral

Options
  • 17-07-2006 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭

Ah Spiral, his hearts in the right place

he talks straight and is the only housemate who doesn't bitch about other housemates behind their backs instead opting to say it to their face

Oh and the amount of racism on the channel 4 BB forums about the Irish after the Spiral inciddent is outrageous

'whats that thick paddy doing'

'he had an irish moment'

etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Spiral ftw, all the other housemates are gays, he was right, but his temper was not needed. Still funny to watch though.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

wat was the spiral incident?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Well after reading all the "just cause he dresses like a skanger doesnt mean he is a skanger" guff when he first entered the house it turns out Spiral has shown his true colors as ,Yes you guessed it an aggresive skanger:rolleyes:.

He is thick as pig****e though he couldnt even speak properly in the diary room.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

padi89 wrote:

He is thick as pig****e though he couldnt even speak properly in the diary room.

To be honest i think the reason he could not speak properly was due to the fact that he was so worked up, and not as you have outlined above. I think he is far from the skanger his audition tape contained, that was more of a put on to give him a better chance of getting on the show.

As said already i think his heart is in the right place, and him and jayne are the only ones who will openly discuss and express their true feelings - although this will also lead to them being nominated for eviction this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Pocari Sweat

What's a skanker?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

spiral is a knob

he only seems to kick off with women in the house.

First jayne when she told him to be quied in the bedroom
    Then Aislyne because she refused to kiss him
    Then Nikki for what he called "making faces"
    Then Jennie because she had a different opinion on Glyn's reward last sunday for winning the pedometre task.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

I think he’s a nice guy, his heart seems to be in the right place and he’s not too afraid to speak his mind. My only problem with him is his habit of shouting at the women in the house…

To be honest i think the reason he could not speak properly was due to the fact that he was so worked up, and not as you have outlined above. I think he is far from the skanger his audition tape contained, that was more of a put on to give him a better chance of getting on the show.

As said already i think his heart is in the right place, and him and jayne are the only ones who will openly discuss and express their true feelings - although this will also lead to them being nominated for eviction this week.

But the whole reason he got worked up was because Jenny said "oh well thats big brother". Now how many people will loose the rag at someone for saying that,especially a young girl half his size?
    He has no excuses ,what he did was to be honest,scumbag like.If his heart was in the right place then he should know not to attack someone for such a redicolus reason.
    If thats his way of thinking and reacting then you would have to seriously question his intelligence.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The guy is an idiot. That pretty much sums it up.

padi89 wrote:
    But the whole reason he got worked up was because Jenny said "oh well thats big brother". QUOTE]

Sorry i must have been watching a different show to you. I thought it was because Glynn had been made a fool of with the task.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

he's a legend!

"Big brother bread. - h-h-h-ho-homemade"!!! What a loon. He was justified at going mental - so he directed his anger at one person instead of the group - so what? It happened to be a girl (who was right beside him). Did he not apologise for this about 20 times? He's just got a bit of a temper on him and dosent like when someone is made to look like a fool.

Whats the big deal? He's not a total scumbag - he has a dublin accent - big deal - he's a bit thick - so what? everyone in there is thick as pigsh!t if glynn is the brightest. He's voicing his opinions against the actions of BB, not like everyone else thinking "oh - BB - how crafty you are" while taking a bigtime shafting.

He's the only one left in there who's in any way interesting to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Evil_Bilbo wrote:
    he's a legend!

"Big brother bread. - h-h-h-ho-homemade"!!! What a loon. He was justified at going mental - so he directed his anger at one person instead of the group - so what? It happened to be a girl (who was right beside him). Did he not apologise for this about 20 times? He's just got a bit of a temper on him and dosent like when someone is made to look like a fool.

Whats the big deal? He's not a total scumbag - he has a dublin accent - big deal - he's a bit thick - so what? everyone in there is thick as pigsh!t if glynn is the brightest. He's voicing his opinions against the actions of BB, not like everyone else thinking "oh - BB - how crafty you are" while taking a bigtime shafting.

He's the only one left in there who's in any way interesting to watch.

Spot on, and the brread ho-ho-homemade was a classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

There was no need for that aggression, he was by no means justified at raging at Jenny like that. I wish he had won that task, I'm sure the thought of him being made to look like a clown (in his own mind) would've pushed him over the edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

she just happened to be sitting beside him for gads sake. Its not as if he was purposefully directing his rage at her (until she started goin "who the fook ye shoutin at? Ye betta stop shoutin" etc) only then did he lose the rag with her ("I'm shoutin at you"/"or wha?" etc)

Feck sake he lost his temper because bb had made fools of the lot of them (esp glynn) - big deal - he apolgised for it profusely when he cooled down - what the hell is the big bloody deal? (though I reckon the rest of the hms will vote him out based on his outburst).

seriously - the rest of them are so bloody boring, BB is probably trying to make them look like idiots just to provoke some kind of reaction. Its gone from car crash tv to boring stuffy traffic jam tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Spiral is a retarded knacker clown.

Has he ever seen big brother? If he had such a problem with that kind of practical joke then he shouldn't have made all the effort to get into the house.

And screaming like a little twat at some girl just reiterates the kind of guy he is.

Total scumbag.

And by the way - the very definition of an imbecile is someone who goes into the diary room and is unable to think of the word.

padi89 wrote:
    But the whole reason he got worked up was because Jenny said "oh well thats big brother". QUOTE]

Sorry i must have been watching a different show to you. I thought it was because Glynn had been made a fool of with the task.

Well if you want to nit pick my post then let me rephrase.He "snapped" at Jennie after getting worked up over Glynn getting the smoothie meal.At the start he had no problem laughing at him but decides to be a right prick when Jennie says "its just BB".So where exactly he got worked up ,you cannot say,one minute he is laughing the next he is a raging fool,go figure?How can someone jump from one view to another so quickly?.
    He looked a bigger fool than anyone else for loosing the head over something so petty.He is a hot headed scumbag,simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

padi89 wrote:
    He looked a bigger fool than anyone else for loosing the head over something so petty.He is a hot headed scumbag,simple.
    And if he was from Killiney and did the same thing he'd be a spoilt brat born with a silver spoon in his mouth?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The guy is a complete and utter moron. His excuse for losing the plot was that he was fine with the joke at first but he then felt that Glynn was being made a fool of when he started to gag after trying to drink the smoothie.

The point that Spiral is missing is that Glynn made a fool out of himself by drinking the thing and by then going all out in the task even though he had already won a previous task that last over 10 hours only to win a little trophy. This task only lasted for 2 hours and HM's can stop whenever they like.

BB has noticed that the likes of Glynn and Spiral are very competetive and they are going to use this to their advantage by trying to take the p1ss, it could however backfire on BB.

But either way I don't mind seeing the HMs being made fools of, I used to feel sorry for them but not anymore. The way I see it now is that they are there for our entertainment and they get their just rewards when they get out. When they're on the screen now all I think is "Dance Monkey, Dance!!!"

The sooner the better Spiral realises that while he's on a show like Big Brother he is no better than a performing monkey dancing along to whatever song the Organ-grinder decides to play. But if he wants to delude himself thinking that he can "Fight the System", let him!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

And if he was from Killiney and did the same thing he'd be a spoilt brat born with a silver spoon in his mouth?

...I'd still think he was a tool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

eirebhoy wrote:

He'd probably be called Tim.

Comprendez??!?

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

BuffyBot wrote:
    ...I'd still think he was a tool.
    Of course. From the moment I saw the guy I thought he was an idiot. I just know that if he was the same person but wore a shirt and slacks and had a posh Dublin accent he wouldn't be getting called a scumbag but something else. Where I live every young lad has an accent like his and would have wore tracksuits growing up but to call them all skangers/scumbags (or whatever word) annoys me. The nicest guy in any reality TV show atm is probably Shane from Boyzone and he's a tracksuit wearing, Celtic supporting nortsider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

and hes RAPID !

eirebhoy wrote:
    . The nicest guy in any reality TV show atm is probably Shane from Boyzone and he's a tracksuit wearing, Celtic supporting nortsider.

you know something? I couldn't agree with you more on that. I had my ideas about Shane (probably based around the "I'm Me Own Bleeeeeding Person, righ?" from gift grub) but having seen him on The Games, and Love Island (eh...the missus watches it) he seems like a really sound bloke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

To be perfectly honest I couldnt care less what Spiral wears or doesn't wear, what accent he has or doesn't have....I don't like him because he has a foul temper and he seems completely stupid.

Oh and he seriously doesn't know how to apologise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

tbh wrote:
    Love Island (eh...the missus watches it) he seems like a really sound bloke.

and she told u this yeah?

T&#225 wrote: »
    and she told u this yeah?

that, and I couldn't help seeing stuff in Heat magazine. You know, she was reading it, I was sitting beside her.......

I've let my family down badly.

padi89 wrote:
    At the start he had no problem laughing at him but decides to be a right prick when Jennie says "its just BB".So where exactly he got worked up ,you cannot say,one minute he is laughing the next he is a raging fool,go figure?How can someone jump from one view to another so quickly?.

He explained himself quite well when he was apologising. He admitted laughing at the start - but when he saw glynn nearly get sick - it hit home. From that point on he started getting worked up. You originally tried to say that he got worked up because of what jennie had said - you never even mentioned the meal thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Hydroquinone

Twice now he's had a mickey fit that I've seen about looking like a clown on the telly. Once when Aisleyene wouldn't kiss him, so he he thought that made him look like a clown and this latest time when he thought Glyn was made to look like a clown.

Call me pedantic if you like, but he's on Big Brother, for God's sake. Has he never seen it? Only people who are clowns would ever go on it in the first place, so it stands to reason that once you are on it, of course you'll look like one. Course, he assists himself in looking like a clown by getting so worked up about looking like a clown. He's a self perpetuating thingumybob, our Spiral.
    He's right though. He is a clown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

he such a wannabee

did anyone see last nights love island, Stevo on it. Showing his true self for the first time... *puke*

and he went out of his waay to embarrass Lee in front of Bianca

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

I think Spiral was just annoyed that he didn't win the competition, he didn't even finish in the top 3. The idiot didn't realise he should of taken smaller steps to win.

Advertisement