Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spiral

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

ateam wrote:
    I think Spiral was just annoyed that he didn't win the competition, he didn't even finish in the top 3. The idiot didn't realise he should of taken smaller steps to win.

Indeed it was hilarious when it was revealed that Jennie came second and not he. :) She was less than a hundred steps behind glyn too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

He explained himself quite well when he was apologising. He admitted laughing at the start - but when he saw glynn nearly get sick - it hit home. From that point on he started getting worked up. You originally tried to say that he got worked up because of what jennie had said - you never even mentioned the meal thing.

Hit home? You would swear it was a personall insult to him.Glyn is a plonker for drinking it in the first place,nobody said he had to drink it.I cannot understand why Spiral got so upset over something like that and to loose the head the way he did.Getting upset over Glyns stupidity is ridiculous.
    He is a hot headed tosser and he proved it again later that day when Micheal told him he was out of line for what he did.Micheal said to him look its big brother thats what happens,to which spiral responded by jumping out of his seat going over to Micheal and pointing the finger in his face saying "look dont tell me what it fvckin is and isnt" in true scummer style.The guy just cannot admit when he is wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Yes, the aggressive behaviour of Spiralyeah marks him out as a scummer rather than any of the rest of his tracksuit-wearing 'I-is-straight-outa'-da-hood' wannabeism.

He is very insecure and reckons that any opinion differing from his own is a personal insult to him, a trait not too uncommon in many people these days unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

What am I doing staying up to watch someone who I wouldn't cross the road to see !!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

I thought Jennie handle herself well, even though she backed down which wasn't great, she was pissed off at him begin agro but he never allowed her to ell him that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

SpAcEd OuT wrote:
    'whats that thick paddy doing'

'he had an irish moment'

etc.

Not just the forums. BBBM yesterday. Someone makes a comment 'get some drink into him' and he'll be fine. Another made some comment about "Irish Oaks" (?) 'some sort of social code (rather than A law!) he'd heard about Irish kids not being allowed to drink '. Vanessa Feltz makes some comment about Spoyral being the exception to the rule that 'all Irish people are charming'. Brand then did some impression of Spiral that sounded more like Belfast than Blanchardstown.

Basically anytime they were talking about him there was some 'Oirish' slant/stereotype to it. It seems he's just 'the Irish guy' in the house rather than 'the one who is a complete dickhead because....'. But sure t'was all in good fun. :)
    tbh wrote:

Comprendez??!?

:D

Hah, flashbacks! What a knobend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Pigman II wrote:
    Not just the forums. BBBM yesterday. Someone makes a comment 'get some drink into him' and he'll be fine. Another made some comment about "Irish Oaks" (?) 'some sort of social code (rather than A law!) he'd heard about Irish kids not being allowed to drink '. Vanessa Feltz makes some comment about Spoyral being the exception to the rule that 'all Irish people are charming'. Brand then did some impression of Spiral that sounded more like Belfast than Blanchardstown.
    The guy said "Irish Oath". I think he was referring to the Pledge that we supposed to take at Confirmation. So in that respect he was kinda right if not a little bit miss informed.

As for RB's impression, it was pretty awful but in fairness he does rip the p1ss out every HM and sure we do it too, look how you spelt his name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

BaZmO* wrote:
    The guy said "Irish Oath". I think he was referring to the Pledge that we supposed to take at Confirmation. So in that respect he was kinda right if not a little bit miss informed.
    Ah yes. I was wondering what the hell he was talking about trees for. Those English should learn to speaka the lingo betterer. :)

Is it actually even called the "Irish Oath"? I thought that was generally catholic thing rather than purely and Irish thing? :confused:
    As for RB's impression, it was pretty awful but in fairness he does rip the p1ss out every HM and sure we do it too, look how you spelt his name.
    No I'm not complaining about it. I'm just listing the instances with brief descriptions of when Spiral was refered to in (what I would deem) a purely Irish context.

Pigman II wrote:
    Is it actually even called the "Irish Oath"? I thought that was generally catholic thing rather than purely and Irish thing? :confused:

No it's called "The pledge" and you then ebcome a memebr of the Pioneer Total Abstinence Association. It used to refer to only alcohol but these days the pledge wording has been modified to include drugs. You can now also decide what age you want your pledge to end. When I amde confirmation it was 18 but now you can say 16, 14, whatever. Of course most school teachers encourage the kids to go for 18.

I was probably the only person in my class to keep my pledge. To be honest I regretted making the pledge at the time but when I give my word then that's it, I don't go back, so I don't make promises lightly. :D Glad I did it now though, I made up for keeping it later on in life ;)

IS Spiral actually a Pioneer or does he just not drink? They are not one and the same, a pioneer does it as a sacrifice to God.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

He's an aggressive knacker. He always points at people when he's talking (usually in a raised voice) at them. Strong dislike for this chap.

The other HMs are giving him too much leniency. They should just tell him to fcuk off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

"melons are different, sure they have them in the third world, don't they have trees?".

just kill him. kill him now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

murphaph wrote:
    He's an aggressive knacker. He always points at people when he's talking (usually in a raised voice) at them. Strong dislike for this chap.

The other HMs are giving him too much leniency. They should just tell him to fcuk off.
    he never makes eye contact either have you noticed that, always looks at the floor when he's ranting at someone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

rain on wrote:
    "melons are different, sure they have them in the third world, don't they have trees?".

just kill him. kill him now.
    Yeah, that whole thing with Michael illustrated perfectly how thick spiral actually is. He couldn't see that kicking grapefruits around is exactly the same as throwing pasta in the context of world hunger. What a tit he is. Michael struggled for words as he began to realise that spiral just didn't get it.

murphaph wrote:
    Yeah, that whole thing with Michael illustrated perfectly how thick spiral actually is. He couldn't see that kicking grapefruits around is exactly the same as throwing pasta in the context of world hunger. What a tit he is. Michael struggled for words as he began to realise that spiral just didn't get it.

QFT! Spiral was just completely out of order. I don't like Michael but his point was completely valid.

It was funny to hear Spiral say how he was playing football with the 'melon' as if this was a perfectly natural and non-objectionable thing to be doing anyway. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

Spiral is a total eejit. When he first came in i thought he'd provide some light comic relief and maybe a bit of craic in the house. but its clear that he's extremely thick-headed and just won't keep his mouth shut when he's meant to. i can't believe how he just makes such a big deal over nothing to Michael, Nikki (that was unforgiveable), Jennie etc. He talks to them so venomously and clearly has no respect for their feelings or dignity. I'm extremely surprised and disappointed that he isnt up for eviction this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Unshelved

He seems always to pick on people who he perceives as being weaker or less popular than him - Nikki, Jennie, Michael - the classic sign of a bully. He never seems to lose it with the people who actually annoy him - he waits and then gives someone weaker than him the verbal battering. Not only is he aggressive, he's totally thick - the classic combination that contributes to every fight outside pubs on a Saturday night (melon trees in the "turd wuddled" - give me a break).

I wonder why he doesn't drink - could it be that it's led him into trouble before? That aggression combined with alcohol could be dangerous.

What are his odds on his eviction next week? You could probably put your mortgage on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

I wonder would he be such an aggressive little **** if Johnathan had joined him in the BB main house?;)

Advertisement