Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can i find studio for renting?

Options
  • 17-07-2006 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭

guys,i am currently looking for studio/one bed flat,i can pay around 400 euro/month rent,and i am gonna stay for more than a year.
    i may not suppose to post my message in here,but i've try daft.ie.but i can not find any useful studio or bedsitter in there.can anybody help me,plz.thanks a lot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭अधिनायक

In its wisdom, the government has decided that studio apartments are illegal to build. Minimum sizes for kitchens, bathrooms etc have been laid out and you don't get something for nothing so minimum sizes means that that there are no 100K apartments as in other European cities. Prices here start at 250K and rents are a lot higher than 400/month.

You can get bedsits in old buildings that were converted before planning permission was tightened up in 1963. They are usually pretty horrible. Another crappy option is to rent a room in a house and share with someone.

But if you want to live in a nice modern self-contained studio you can't because it's against the law!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭gilbert

thanks for your advise.but it is very hard for me to find one.can anyone help me.plz?thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

As already said, they don't really exist.

If your budget is 400 euro then you would be better off looking for a room sharing a house/apartment with other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭crybaby

have a poke around let.ie and daft.ie. no way your getting one for 400 a month though, your looking at anywhere between 500-700 for a one bed flat, im actually trying to find a decent one myself at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

There's plenty of bedsits around dublin for that price. They won't be in a decent location and won't be anything special, but it'll probably do you.

Just look in the papers and on daft.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭theTinker

In its wisdom, the government has decided that studio apartments are illegal to build. Minimum sizes for kitchens, bathrooms etc have been laid out and you don't get something for nothing so minimum sizes means that that there are no 100K apartments as in other European cities. Prices here start at 250K and rents are a lot higher than 400/month.

You can get bedsits in old buildings that were converted before planning permission was tightened up in 1963. They are usually pretty horrible. Another crappy option is to rent a room in a house and share with someone.

But if you want to live in a nice modern self-contained studio you can't because it's against the law!
    I cant believe its illegal, I had my heart set on one in a few months time, im not dying to move out of a family home into a place with more people. i wanted my own little hovel....Why would they make it illegal?

Advertisement