Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

FBD ad suggests cover for leaving your keys in an unlocked car?

Options
  • 17-07-2006 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

I always thought that if you left your car open with the keys in the ignition and left the vehicle and then found it was stolen, that the insurance company would tell me to piss off. But I've just seen an FBD ad where a guy gets out of his car to assist a lady who appears to be in a fight with a mugger. The 'woman' whips off her wig to reveal she is a bloke who is in league with the 'mugger'. The hapless driver turns around and finds his car has been nicked. Tagline: 'It happens, we will be there if it happens to you'.

Have I got the ad wrong? Or is FBD advertising a product they don't offer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Ring and ask FBD which policy covers it.

Personally, I interpreted "It happens, we will be there if it happens to you" as a threat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭अधिनायक

Oh I get it. We will be there if it happens to you [pointing at you and laughing our holes off].

I am going to switch to FBD if this is covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

I am going to switch to FBD if this is covered.

Do you find the need to help ladies in fights with muggers often ? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭अधिनायक

it only has to happen once.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Well now we have spoken about it it will always be in the back of your mind....:D , and you could always stick the mugger in the eye with the car key !! (tongue in cheek of course.......)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

You got that one from the "think contraception" ads, didn't you? :p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 punter281

The event shown on the FBD add where the old lady dips the till would not be covered by most shop policies. Losses following forcible or violent means only are covered. You can ask them about that one also!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

If the advert shows something that will not be covered then you can complain to ofcom about it.

Advertisement