Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conservatory roof

Options
  • 18-07-2006 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

I have a large conservatory(15'x11') at the back of the house. It projects 15' from the back wall. I want to get at the gutter, facia, soffit, and bedroom window reveal, above the conservatory, to repaint them. Is double-chamber polycarbonate roofing strong enough to take the weight of a 75 kilo person(me)?
    Alternatively, are there purpose-made ladders, or platforms, specifically for that purpose?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

FunkyDa wrote:
    I have a large conservatory(15'x11') at the back of the house. It projects 15' from the back wall. I want to get at the gutter, facia, soffit, and bedroom window reveal, above the conservatory, to repaint them. Is double-chamber polycarbonate roofing strong enough to take the weight of a 75 kilo person(me)?
    Alternatively, are there purpose-made ladders, or platforms, specifically for that purpose?

Definitely NO.

Hire a tower and scaffold planks. Dont even dream of walking on polycarbonate roofing.Polycarbonate panels are hard set to keep out rain, let alone support you.
    No..No.No..

kadman

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FunkyDa

Many thanks! I suspected that was the case, but wanted confirmation.

Advertisement