Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anime dvd sale.

Options
  • 18-07-2006 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭

I just got an email from Deep Discount dvd they're haveing a sale on selected anime dvds. I tought some of you might be intereted.

I get a lot of stuff from here already as i find them cheap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

Thanks for the heads up. Whats the delivery cost to ireland like?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Shame the Canadian version is more pricey from what I've seen... at least the low shipping charge makes up for it somewhat.

Maddzy wrote:
    Whats the delivery cost to ireland like?

€2.80 per order + 70c per item. Not bad...

What about customs charges? Whenever I order something from outside Europe I get owned by customs. I had to pay €70 for a Binary clock from thinkgeek.com because of the crazy shipping + customs I was charged when the package entered the EU.

They won't bother harassing you for a few DVDs... though please correct me if I'm wrong. I've ordered plenty of DVDs and games from Canada and the US and have never been stung by customs.

I wouldn't normally worry about DVDs or CDs with customs, but I just noticed this on their site ( http://www.deepdiscountdvd.ca/help_5.cfm#6 )

"Any customs, taxes, import duties, or any other applicable charges are your responsibility and are collected once the package reaches your country. We have no jurisdiction over these expenses and cannot determine what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country; please contact your local customs office for further information."

• Advertisement

That disclaimer is on every reputable online store that ships internationally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Personally I've found that if you keep the value down to about $100 or less customs won't bother you but if it's more than that they'll charge you on it (and at a ridiculous rate IMO!). So keep it to no more than about 4 DVDs per order and I imagine you should be ok (no experience with DVDs but this would be a guess, it was CCG/TCG stuff I used to get in).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Ive heard different thigs about customs. but i have never had any issues with dvds. either has my friend and he orders lots of dvds from every where.

I got the Witch Hunter Robin box set from the american site and got it with no problems.

I only ever got 2 customs letters. 1 for a phone which i got stung for €90 and they looked for an invoice for a package of games i ordered from play asia but the invoice showed them under $100 and i didnt get charged anything.

Advertisement