Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get letterbox??

Options
  • 18-07-2006 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

Sounds silly I know, but basically the letterbox for my front door at home has seen it's last day.

About a year ago, the flap fell of on the front and as a "get me by" measure, I swapped the inside one with the outside.... Now the front one has fallen off!

Any ideas where I go to get one of these. It's on a PVC door, but not sure who to approach. I have tried woodies and all tose DIY shops but to no avail.

Any thoughts appreciated!

Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I'm surprised that you had no luck in Woodies as I know they stock them.

Maybe try contacting the door manufacturers (check for a name on your doors/windows) & see if they can advise you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

They have letterboxes alright, but not ones for PVC doors... I'll try a different woodies though if you think I might get lucky?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Get the dimensions of the letter box & call a couple of PVC door suppliers in your area to see if they can give you one.

"Let your fingers do the walking." ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Just The One

did you try your local hardware?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Yep, tried at least 4 now. :(

Going out now to visit a uPVC windows and doors shop who couldnt tell me if they had one or not until I bring down the original lettbox.......................

• Advertisement
Advertisement