Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Pressure

Options
  • 18-07-2006 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi,

Just a quick question, the hot water flow in my kitchen sink is very slow and it takes ages to fill the sink. The flow from the other hot water taps in the bathrooms are fine.

I was was thinking of a number of reasons that this might be but would appreciate your input:

maybe I have a leak in the pipe supplying my hot water to the kitchen

The pipe supplying my hot water in the kitchen is 3/4 inch, so maybe theres not enough pressure

Is there a fitting on the tap that might be reducing the flow and could be adjusted to increase the pressure and volume.

Thanks

Rebel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭ifah

do you have one of the kitchen taps with pull out hose etc ? my water pressure (hot) was fine until i installed one of those - they require a certain (0.5 bar ?) pressure to operate correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endymion

I doubt it would have anything to do with the size of the pipe going to your sink for a couple of reason.

1) yes, bigger pipe will mean less pressure, but you're rate of flow should be affected, so while the water flows more slowly, more of it flows.

2) You probably have a reducer into the tap, since kitchen taps tend to work of half inch, thus increasing pressure.

pipe is probably blocked or some valve isn't fully open. Out of interest do you have the hot water plumber into a washing machine or dishwasher? This would reduce your pressure while their on.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

If the final connection to the tap is by means of a braided flexible connector it could be twisted and stopping the flow. Disconnect the flexible pipe and refit ensuring not to twist it unnecessarily.

Advertisement