Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name that anime!

Options
  • 18-07-2006 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭

Or more precisely, name this anime.

Years and years back, probably mid to early 90's Channel 4 used to show anime late at night (might be way off with the dates). I only remember parts of one of them, not sure if it was a movie or a series.

It was pretty dark, set in modern times, violent and featured a fair amount of nudity. Probably why I remember it :D.

Some guy can turn into a dragon, I think its a family thing, a curse maybe. He and his brothers I think (maybe some the same age, others are kids) move in with their uncle (?) in his country estate to learn to control their power (I think they turn when they're angry or something), and to stay in seclusion. The government might be after them too, for research, maybe.

I remember some woman wearing a suit shooting an uzi in a helicopter or aeroplane, then being ripped to pieces in a graphic manner.

That is all, help me find the name of this anime.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

X-Men.

sorry, no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

CuLT wrote:
    X-Men.

sorry, no idea.

Bastard!

And you told me you knew everything, pfft.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I kid, I do know it :)

It's called Legend of the Dragon Kings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Still, you did make me wait 3 hours for the answer, and google was less then helpful when I entered "anime +guy turns into a dragon +government".

Reading a synopsys it seems that I was pretty much on the mark.

My faith is somewhat restored in your vast nerdopedic knowledge of obscure anime about magic dragons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 CyTai

Legend of the Four Kings??

That was the only answer I could think of from your description.... ><

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

CyTai wrote:
    Legend of the Four Kings??

That was the only answer I could think of from your description.... ><

That's what it was called when it was been run on Channel 4 but it's proper name is Legend of the Dragon Kings.
    Great series, remember coming home for a disco with me curry chip and sitting down to watch it, ah those were the days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

hellboy99 wrote:
    That's what it was called when it was been run on Channel 4 but it's proper name is Legend of the Dragon Kings.

No wonder couldnt find Legend of the Four Kings on the anime network site :p

Advertisement