Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flame on.

Options
  • 16-07-2006 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Purely out of interest ur-lord aka Aaron Kenny your website looks very like Martec Ltd http://www.martec.ie . I expect a call on monday.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 ur-lord

themessiah wrote:
    Purely out of interest ur-lord aka Aaron Kenny your website looks very like Martec Ltd http://www.martec.ie . I expect a call on monday.

Hi themessiah,
    yea it does look like Martec.ie, thats because I was heavily influenced by their design styles. I love their work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

hope you've limited liability, that is a pure rip off tbh.

heggie wrote:
    hope you've limited liability, that is a pure rip off tbh.

Heggie,
    how is it a rip off, the colour schemes are simular but apart from that they are quite different.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭sdssarah

i see youve changed the website ur-lord since the other day, it looks different enough now, but might i recommend you don't use that headachey-background. its really not very in keeping with the clean style and i feel it brings the site down a little. just my opinion though!

sdssarah wrote:
    i see youve changed the website ur-lord since the other day, it looks different enough now, but might i recommend you don't use that headachey-background. its really not very in keeping with the clean style and i feel it brings the site down a little. just my opinion though!

Hi sdssarah, Thanks for the feed back. I think your right, I have scraped the background stripes now. I like your site!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

ur-lord wrote:
    Heggie,
    how is it a rip off, the colour schemes are simular but apart from that they are quite different.

Thats because you've changed it now. Even so its still very similar.

Taking an influence is fine to a point. But you'd want to make sure that its not so similar, and that you aren't using any of their code. Because thats like a finger print, just as much as layout and typography.

how you can honestly say its not a rip off ! just look at it, it looks like a bad copy, and it is a bad copy. Ask yourself this - if martec saw that, do you think they would mind? you know the answer

i see its down now, maybe he agrees with me now :rolleyes:

heggie wrote:
    i see its down now, maybe he agrees with me now :rolleyes:

Lol...sorry to dissapoint haggie...its not down

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Flame off.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement