Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to look for a watch?

• 18-07-2006 1:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good spot in Dublin to buy a watch. Not a mad expensive watch, nothing above 250E say.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Depends whether it's for casual/sports wear, or formalwear.

Either way, Weirs on Grafton Street would probably have what you are looking for, they go all the way from €200 to €22,200. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

Yeah i just bought my girlfriend a DKNY watch from Weirs for 250, also try Fields, but most shops seem to have the same selection

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Just a thought, try online. The price differences can be huge when compared to here. I've seen mid range stuff online at half the price of here. Bigger selection too.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Wibbs wrote:
    Just a thought, try online. The price differences can be huge when compared to here. I've seen mid range stuff online at half the price of here. Bigger selection too.

yes try online, i was going for an omega seamaster watch (is expensive) but online there was a saving of 300 euros to be made. in the end i bought it in weirs just for the security of after sales service etc.

but there may be something for you on www.watchfinder.co.uk it may be good for your price range. Good luck.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Cremo wrote:
    yes try online, i was going for an omega seamaster watch (is expensive) but online there was a saving of 300 euros to be made. in the end i bought it in weirs just for the security of after sales service etc.
    Yea I take your point on that one. I would only say that if you buy a high end marque any shop with a franchise for same has to honour the terms of the guarantee regardless of where you buy it(indeed they get compensation for doing so). If they don't, raise bloody hell. Rolex and Omega in particular get very twitchy with dealers if they don't. Do your research if you go the high end route as I've found all too often the dealers can be clueless in many areas(weir included). Two years ago, I was looking for a decent watchmaker to do a cleaning on an early wristwatch(1900's) and I went into a very reputable place for advice. When their watch "expert" was called he asked me was it automatic or quartz. This was after looking at the watch for a minute or two. His knowledge was limited to whatever was on sale at the moment and even that would be stretching it. When I asked technical questions about a new model they had, it turned out on later research that hhe was in error on 60% of the answers. Muppet.
    but there may be something for you on www.watchfinder.co.uk it may be good for your price range. Good luck.
    Good site.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
Advertisement