Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anti Perspirant

• 18-07-2006 2:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    As this weather is fab and it's going to be hotter in London this week...Who can tell me which Anti Perspirant actually works well ?
    I've a wedding in London and don't want to be dripping wet if it hit's the 38 degress it's due to hit...
    Any ideas ?

Or do you guys think it's better to wear a white t-shirt underneath to avoid sweaty streaks...
    Many thanks,
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

mitchum - so good u could skip a day - or thats what it says on the tin

that nasty smelling sure stuff is pretty good as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Thanks ams would I get that in Boots or a chemist ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I always use those crystal deodorants, the crystal stone kind, work well for me anyway. Its very good to keep the schweat off! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Hackett have a good range you can get in Boots, but the green Adidas one is the tops for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Thanks ams would I get that in Boots or a chemist ?

they have a good range of it in boots. i used it all the time in america and found it pretty good when sweating buckets:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I'd have to recommend Mitchum as well! My sister introduced me to it after she spent time in America. Boots have the best selection.

thanks guys for all the help I think i'll go with the Mitchum ones :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

there's 'perspirex' roll-on in Boots - it's strong you put it on at night and the next day you don't really sweat from your armpits - I think once you start using it regularly you only use once every couple of days...try that if you want to put a hold on the sweating! It's stronger than Mitchum i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 fashion guru

Try DRICLOR which is excellent for anyone who perspires heavily. You can buy it in any pharmacy and you only apply it every few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

hey I have a similar problem but its generally just my (hairless)back. The rest of me is ok. Anyone know anything that'll work well on it? I've tried spraying Mitchum but it doesn't work so well on my back. Its quite annoying these days when i'm wearing shirts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Try DRICLOR which is excellent for anyone who perspires heavily. You can buy it in any pharmacy and you only apply it every few days.

Driclor is fantastic. I had to stop using it though cos I overused it.But I used to put it on once a week and would be dry for the week. Unfortunatly sweating is in my genes.So one of my sisters gets regular botox underneath her armpits.I know it sounds crazy but it really works.

Hi all i managed to survive the heat thanks to Driclor ..
    Got it in Boots and really couldn't get over it.
    I felt like i was sweating ..even my hands but was dry as a bone.
    Only thing i did notice was my face was covered in spots the next day...
    (That's not normal for me)
    thanks to all for all you help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Hi all i managed to survive the heat thanks to Driclor ..
    Got it in Boots and really couldn't get over it.
    I felt like i was sweating ..even my hands but was dry as a bone.
    Yeah,that stuff is amazing! You feel like you're sweating but you're completely dry!
    You can't beat it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Agreed. Its really good.

I bought it before I went to a (outdoor) wedding in North Carolina, prob the hottest place I've been.

Ur right though, don't overdo it cos it stings.
    panda100 wrote:
    Driclor is fantastic. I had to stop using it though cos I overused it.But I used to put it on once a week and would be dry for the week. Unfortunatly sweating is in my genes.So one of my sisters gets regular botox underneath her armpits.I know it sounds crazy but it really works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Gettin some Driclor tmoro!

Deoderants dont work, just make ur sweat smell nice

Advertisement