Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Using a Vodafone BlackBerry 8707 as a modem

• 18-07-2006 2:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to get my Vodafone BlackBerry 8707 working as a modem. I think I have everything setup correctly but I don't know the Vodafone Ireland APN.

Is this office.vodafone.ie ? If so, there is something else wrong as this is not working.

Anyone else had any joy doing this ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

the apn is: isp.vodafone.ie

though when your creating that dialup connection the dialup number is:
    *99***1#

if that doest work try *99#

in both cases the username/password are both "vodafone"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

thanks for the info. Using these values, I'm still having issues so it must be something else that's wrong on my side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

when the blackberry is connected go to:
    Control panel -> phone & modem options -> modems
    select the blackberry modem and hit properties
    this will bring up seperate window, click "diagnostics" and then "query modem"

if there is an error here it means windows cant communicate with the modem
    therefore any dial-up attempts will fail

if successful, click on the advanced tab and enter in the following initialisation command:
    at+cgdcont=1,"IP","isp.vodafone.ie"

and if all else fails contact your service provider as there could be an issue with the sim or the web-browser service book may not be on your blackberry
    settings -> advanced options -> service books

great advice thanks.

seems like a "modem" issue then. I actually had to manually add the RIM serial port and modem - they are not detected automatically as I would have expected. I added the RIM port on COM5 and then added a standard 56k modem on that port and my issues seem to stem from this.

any advice on getting the devices setup correctly ?

many thanks for the help

tried these settings on another machine with another BB and it's the same issue. The modem is not responding. Wonder if the modem will respond with these settings ?

Does anyone have this working with a Blackberry as per above ? Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement