Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Juventus Appeal

• 18-07-2006 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭

It's mentions the breaking of article 1 totaling in breaking article 6 which is untrue

It Mentions that some of Moggi's actions that Juventus got punished for have nothing to do with Juventus

and it mentions that the 2005-2006 season was legit

there also arguing how the prosecution didnt envolve any witneses or video evedance on fraud ( the audio evidence was unclear and can be missinerperated). only a theory of the system that was built based on the interconnections of moggi and the officials

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I read the other day that Moggi got a 5 year ban from football and a €5k fine. That's a disgrace tbh, he should have been jailed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Well, you know its bad when they would be "happy" with just relegation, they're basically acknowledging they're guilty already and want the sentence reduced so they can make it up in one season rather than two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

eirebhoy wrote:
    I read the other day that Moggi got a 5 year ban from football and a €5k fine. That's a disgrace tbh, he should have been jailed.

he can't be jailed because he doesn't work in football anymore or something, its ridiculous

astrofool wrote:
    Well, you know its bad when they would be "happy" with just relegation, they're basically acknowledging they're guilty already and want the sentence reduced so they can make it up in one season rather than two.

where does it say they are happy with being relegated, in fact recently the Juventus chairman said the ruling was a disgrace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

SpAcEd OuT wrote:
    where does it say they are happy with being relegated, in fact recently the Juventus chairman said the ruling was a disgrace

Their defence lawyer came out before the verdict and said relegtion to Seire B would be acceptable. This was when proscution asked for relegation to seire C2.

Juve just want a reduction in the points deduction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

SB and 30 ponts deduction is fair for the cheaters. Personally, I would have been happy if they went down to SC. However, at least this way it SHOULD, bar a storming season, be at least 2 seasons before they are back in SA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

If Juve (or any of the other cheats) fail to win their their appeal will be they be liable to a stiffer punishment as is seen in England?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

i would doubt it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

If Juve (or any of the other cheats) fail to win their their appeal will be they be liable to a stiffer punishment as is seen in England?

Was wondering that myself. Don't see why not. If a full review of all evidence is necessary, then any possible alternation to the verdict shouldn't be limited to a possible softening.

i would doubt it

actually yes they could recieve a harsher punishment which could see them being demoted to serie C

• Advertisement
Advertisement