Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question

Options
  • 18-07-2006 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭

What are referrals?

untitledxi1.jpg
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

When you convince somebody to join boards.ie, that's a referral. You give them a special link that they use to sign up, and you're recognised as the referrer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Oh right, didn't know you could do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Thats new.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I don't think it is, I've always known you could do it iirc.

I know on another much smaller vb forum I used, referrals have been around since at least 2002 (when I joined).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It's new to boards, it's a standard thing though, they must have put it back on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Faith wrote:
    When you convince somebody to join boards.ie, that's a referral. You give them a special link that they use to sign up, and you're recognised as the referrer.
    Tar.A pointed out the answer when I asked earlier.
    IIRC, there's a field for Referrer when signing up...
    Ahem.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Just enter a boards username thats all.
    No links involved at all.

Ya get a personal favour done by the admins once you reach 100 iirc. ;)
    Either that or a free ipod.

Advertisement