Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stop the welcome screen?

• 18-07-2006 4:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

I'm trying to use a windows xp home machine as a app server for surprise surprise an app.

Problem is I have to use VNC to mess about with it. Does anyone know of a way to stop it going into the welcome screen once idle for a while? The services are still working its annoying to have to get up and click login every now and then!

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Screensaver tab on Display Properties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Worked a treat thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

For that kind of connection I would reccomend you turn off that kind of screen altogether.

Control Panel> users> change the way user's log on.

Advertisement