Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying apartment - esate agent stalling

Options
  • 18-07-2006 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've been trying to buy an apartment (new build) for the last 6 weeks.

There has been a bidding war for 4 of those and mine is the highest offer since last Monday.

I have been ringing the estate agent trying to get the place sale agreed as the other buyers have pulled out.

Aparently there are 2 vendors, 1 has given the go ahead and she is waiting on word back from the other aparantly. I rang yesterday and she was all exuses.

She never returns calls and I have to chase her down just to get an excuse such as the Vendor is very busy at the moment.

What can I do?

I've made a light statement that I've been holding out on this place but might have to start looking elsewhere if there are more delays.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Well, if the vendor won't take the agent's calls, what can the agent do?

You should *always* be looking elsewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Highly unusual to have bidding on new build estates, particularly apartments. they're usually sold at set prices. First come, first served

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

jdivision wrote:
    Highly unusual to have bidding on new build estates, particularly apartments. they're usually sold at set prices. First come, first served

Ditto, i have never heard of this before.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Well, they can do it if they like.

Also, they could be 'assignments'. Someone else has already put a deposit on them before they were built, and now the agent is selling them on for the guy who bought them.

Advertisement