Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storyboarding problem

Options
  • 18-07-2006 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

If anyone here actually knows how to storyboard, heres a problem for you.

Ok, imagine this;
    The camera is looking straight on one side of the road, all the houses on the side of the road are more or less facing you. They're all detached houses and have decent sized gardens infront, and hedges to barrier off the land from each house but there is no hedge or fence in the front of the garden to barrier off the garden from the foot path. Think stereotypical american neighbourhood without the picket fence in the front.

So yeah, cameras looking at that. Then a guy walks in from right to left on the screen. Once he gets to the center of the screen the camera trucks with him as he walks on the spot while the background pans if you know what i mean...

Other stuff happens in the scene, but thats just the part that I'm having problems with, so the scene has to be like that.

So what I was thinkin originally, that I could just do a long pan for a layout with a few over lays so that there'd be a sense of dimension but... then since its a dead straight on shot, there'd be problems with perspective. Like as he's walking towards and away from houses the camera should see slightly different sides of them....

So then I was thinking that for the background, it could be completely animated... so everything would make sense and I would still have the shot that I want.... buuuuuuuuut in college in layout class they never taught us how to storyboard that.

So yeah, I don't suppose any of you guys would know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Wes98

Hey.
    Well I remember Mark saying something about the one point perspective getting slightly warped if its done over a pan.
    Can you not do it over a two point instead?
    Sorry.Let me get back to you on it.Need to do a bit of........Thinking!!! thats it!:D :D

Advertisement