Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lobe Stretching

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Yeah eventually got it in there an hour ago. Ear is a bit red but itl calm down by the morning. Wont be taking it off anytime soon
    Yeah if im qualified for the job or whatnot im sure theyl just ask me to take em out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 martin19282

I stretched up too fast last time.. can be quite painful.
    also wouldnt ever use acrylic again.. gonna go for the natural stuff matey.. bone horn or wood. check out this ear stretching shophttp://www.arka-shop.co.uk some nice stuff innit

Only delivers within UK so its irrelevant. Some nice things there though. People can have bad reactions to organics though, saw on Modblog some nasty reaction to wooden plugs. The persons lobes were all red and mangled, looked very badly infected. Id be very cautious what id put in me lobes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭pkumohideeile

i like your lobs whatever way they turn out wilby

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Awww wilby your lobes are so cute:P

• Advertisement

hmmm but will they employ me!
    I have a sneaking suspicion that pkumohideeile is someone i know :confused: very few people call me wilby. Or maybe its just a randomer.

amazingemmet: im glad you think so <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 martin19282

Wilburt wrote:
    Only delivers within UK so its irrelevant. Some nice things there though. People can have bad reactions to organics though, saw on Modblog some nasty reaction to wooden plugs. The persons lobes were all red and mangled, looked very badly infected. Id be very cautious what id put in me lobes

Whatever you got in you gotta keep em clean.
    So many people just leave plugs in for weeks without washing the ear.. asking for trouble.

The tribals have been using organics for thousands of years.... bone horn wood..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

Wilburt wrote:
    Cool but if you dont mind me asking do you deal with customers alot or are you behind the scenes?

well I work in a hospital as a domestic assisant (cooker cleaner :P) so its a hygiene thing,

as for what some ppl mentioned on the whole organic jelwery, u really want to make sure the piercing is completely healed, b4 u stretch or change jelwery but once healed nothing beats the organics less cleaning needed and smell a good bit better, metal on the other hand needs a lot of cleaning and does tend to smell, But bottom line give ure ears time, let them heal and they should NEVER bleed when stretching.
    hf with ure lobes

Yeah ive been keepin em clean and bootyful dont worry. Some people say the posters here are a bit narky! :D i think the above disproves this claim ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 17 thomascullen

I bought a piercing needle online & a ring. I first pierced it at 1.2 then after 5 weeks used a taper to get to 3mm. I have had the plug for about a week now. how long do you recon I should wait until i go to 4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

I bought a piercing needle online & a ring. I first pierced it at 1.2 then after 5 weeks used a taper to get to 3mm. I have had the plug for about a week now. how long do you recon I should wait until i go to 4?
    implied-facepalm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Will's advice in THIS thread is about as good as you will get anywhere. Heed it, or mess up your ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Right so, I had my ears stretched to 6mm for over a year. I had to take them out for a couple of months ago for work. Now that I am finished with that job, I am trying to put them back in.

I got one of the tunnels back in after a bit of elbow grease, but my the left ear tunnel is flat out refusing to go back in. My ear is infected now.

What's the best way of restretching my ear? Do I have to start back from scratch?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I'd imagine a 3mm would fit in no problem. Leave that in for a few days/weeks until you're comfortable, then do a 4mm, then 5mm, then 6mm. Never try to force something in. I've found with lobes that after a while the jewellery will start to wiggle around and sometimes even fall out -- they'll let you know when you're ready to go up a size.

Advertisement