Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spots from sweating in the weather!

• 18-07-2006 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

Im a bloke and i have fairly oily skin which results in me sweating quite a bit, but that added to this hot sticky weather has me sweating quite a bit, resulting in a load of spots appearing on my face.

I always have had the odd spot on my face for the last year, but the weather causing me to sweat and thus block the pores has the numbers of spots on my face trebleing by the day.

Anyone know what i can do to help?
    Im am drinking loads of water, eating good and am fit. I also wash my face with clearisil 2-3 times day, maybe i should do this more but i dnt want to aggreviate it?

can anyone help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It used to bother me a lot when I had long hair in my face all the time but then I got it cut short and after a few weeks it disappeared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Tea Tree Oil, but I kow others weren't sucessful with it. I used to use it, the gel mind you not the facial wash...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Am having this problem myself probly to a lesser extent, is that tea tree oil your talking about a facewash? If its any use i mite give it a try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

WHat age're you? if you're stil teens/early twenties all I cans ay is it'll go away in it's own good time, not being smart or anything, but if you're drinking lots of water, and eating well/exercising regularly, that's as much as you can do, and you're even washing regularly with clearasil and such.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I also wash my face with clearisil 2-3 times day, maybe i should do this more but i dnt want to aggreviate it?

can anyone help?
    I used clearsil untill I found out that it was the cause of the spots:eek:

Me, I wash my face in the morning with water, and thats it. If I eat takeaway chips 2 or more nights in a row, out come the spots :( For some people, its strawberries. You eat anything different when it gets hot?

Just a suggestion: wash your face 3 time a day with a face-cloth, and water. No oil, etc. See how you do. Everyone is different, so it may not suit you, but then again, it may.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

try going to a sauna twice a week and see how that helps.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Maybe see a dematologist someday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭Archeron

I suffer something similar (in my late 20's) especially in this sticky weather. I've just discovered that Sudocream works wonders for spots, and I've gotten rid of almost all of mine in the space of about a week using it.

Of course, you may not want to venture too far in public if you put it on your face, but maybe use it at night, a few hours before bed?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭REDZ

clearasil is rubbish. your sweat is spreading the bacteria that feed on the oil and then they are causing the spots. More face washing should help, and pat your face dry after, don't rub!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

I suffer from spots on my face/chest/back and shoulders and like the OP it gets very bad during the summer.

I bought the Clinique Anti-Blemish anti-bacterial soap bar which you can you on your face and all over your body and the change in my skin is unbelievable. My skin is so clear and I very rarely get spots on my chest or back now..

You should try it. It costs around €18 for a bar of soap which you can use all over your body and it lasts for ages. Here's a few links...

http://www8.wowwoman.com/detail_results5.php?product_code=15514&route=HBMS

http://www.clinique.co.uk/templates/products/sp_nonshaded.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CAT1040&PRODUCT_ID=PROD1011

I really cant tell you how good this is, I worship this soap. Give it at least a week and you will see a HUGE difference...

(EDIT: plus if you go and get it now you can get free samples for your skin type. I got a good few anti-blemish gels that help clear up facial spots... I cant praise this stuff enough. BTW I dont work in skin-care!!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Medina

Stop washing your face so often. When you do you wash away all the oil each time and your skin thinks it needs more so it produces more, so its a vicious circle.

Theres stuff you can get in Tesco / Dunnes / Roches..its by Garnier.
    They have this liquid in bottles for your skin, three different types for different things, the liquids are either pink, green or blue. The Blue one is AMAZING. Its called PURE A . And they have a PURE A moisturiser that goes with it, its a little tube in a box, you'll find it. Total cost about €15 (two products).

You dab on the blue liquid with cotton wool or something, its got alcohol in it and it might sting a little. Put plenty on at night before bed, and once your skin is dry put on a little bit of the moisturiser (its also anti bacterial). It dries out all the spots and they will be gone in two days.

Tea tree oil did nothing for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Villaricos

I second the Clinique anti blemish soap its excellent!! i used to have horrible skin until i found that magic bar of soap, i still get the odd spot but nothing like I did before!
    Also tea tree oil works great too.
    But I d stop using the clearasil, it just aggrivates the skin, its too harsh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭wba88

Villaricos wrote:
    Clinique anti blemish soap................magic bar of soap
    And where would one find this product? Tesco, Dunnes etc or health/beauty shops?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Stop using soap - it worked for me.

I use King of Shaves Exfoliator in the morning, and just splash on cold water at night. Cleared up mine no bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

wba88 wrote:
    And where would one find this product? Tesco, Dunnes etc or health/beauty shops?

Debenhams, Arnotts and BT all stock it, just take a stroll around the cosmetics section and you'll find the clinique consession. I normally use the store in Arnotts and find the staff very helpfull, they'll actually advise you on what to buy.

And yeah, they often give you a few free samples if you buy two or more products.

have you tried using a face mask??

Also, do you use anything in your hair, if you use was, mud, grease, gum etc they all tend to be absorbed by the face / skin and give you worse spots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

You wouldnt know what fad to get next!

So far ive tried the whole Vitiman B5 thing, tea tree oil,clearisil and only water with nothing really working!

I mite try the bar of soap thing seeing as its highly recommend, but 18quid is a bit steep but i suppose it lasts for ages...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I know some people complain about Clearasil but I always found the Clearasil pads to be fairly good.

Have to close your eyes and hold your breath while using them mind.

You wouldnt know what fad to get next!

So far ive tried the whole Vitiman B5 thing, tea tree oil,clearisil and only water with nothing really working!

I mite try the bar of soap thing seeing as its highly recommend, but 18quid is a bit steep but i suppose it lasts for ages...

Believe me Gary, It does last quite a long time, I use mine at least twice a day on my face, back, shoulders chest and anywhere else I need it and the bar would last at least 6 months... I am quite prone to getting bites and because this soap is anti-bacterial I use it on these and they clear up quite quickly...

Boots have a clinique counter also and it costs between €15 - 18 depending on where you buy.

I have tried the usual tea tree oil from the body shop, it worked for a while but left my skin in an awful condition. Tried the clearasil and L'oreal but it had the same affect.

Try the soap for at least a week, I noticed a dramatic difference, if it doesnt work, at least you tried. After that I would try Dermalogica products (sp?). They are supposed to be quite good too but a bit dearer.

And Gillo is right. If you have any products in your hair or if your hair is around your face it will affect your skin. So be careful in that way...

Hope all this helps..

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭shellie11

Thats actually good advice for me too guys,I have the same problem as OP,
    Spots on face shoulders and back and chest,Im defintiley going to invest in a bar of the magic soap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭wba88

got my magic soap and accessories. startin to use it 2nite

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

d-redser wrote:
    I bought the Clinique Anti-Blemish anti-bacterial soap bar which you can you on your face and all over your body and the change in my skin is unbelievable. My skin is so clear and I very rarely get spots on my chest or back now..
    might give that a try myself...
    i would normally only get one spot on my face at a time, if at all, but my chest is spotty as hell for some reason:confused:

wba88 wrote:
    got my magic soap and accessories. startin to use it 2nite

Well, what's the verdict?

Has your skin improved in any way?

Advertisement