Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazing footage of Valve's 'Portal'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

was just about to post this in the half life forum...

fantastic alright. source has never looked so sleek either!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Ok, thats fairly deadly. Im playing prey at the moment. Similar stuff. But this looks way cooler. Portal FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

reminds me of the prey demo video from years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

I beat you to the post on the HL2 forum. I noticed some other effects in the video, most obviously the focus (look at he gun) and the lighting. Looks very awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

holy f*ckin' sh*t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Wow. Some bits almost look too crazy....almost.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

That was pretty f***ing deadly alright. I liked the general robotic theme of the video too. Very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Looks deadly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

jesus thats gre..at.....

sorry. i'll get my coat

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I too like the look of it but, if it's a full single player game I could see it getting repetitive pretty quick. I take it it's the only weapon in de game jah?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

I too like the look of it but, if it's a full single player game I could see it getting repetitive pretty quick. I take it it's the only weapon in de game jah?

I would imagine it will be like the gravity gun in HL2, very important to the game play in certain parts, but not the only thing going on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

lol that bit where he's chasing himself through the portals, reminds me of when I shot myself in the head in Prey through one of those things.

Pretty cool though, I like that they are putting a lot of effort into the gameplay and not just showing snazzy gfx. I mean most of those rooms had really basic detailing but the puzzles and obstables was got me interested. Taking your time to work out your way through a stage is much more enjoyable to me then just running through corridor after corridor blowing up zombines IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Man. That looks f*cking ccol. My type of game, tbh.

Imagine a game of "tag", in that :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Looks amazing, can't wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

brilliant, absolutely brilliant. can't wait and it's not too far away.

i can see my computer melting even thinking about doing this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

the way he was jumping trough portals repositioning them then flying through the one he just left was crazy, made me vomit a bit.

Can you imagine the multiplayer madness this could spawn? Hardcore players would never stop moving!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

That's some serious pwnage right there, amazing :D I'd say the frame rate would crash and burn in an online multiplayer game :o You'd need some serious pc I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

not really IG
    you can skimp on graphics if the gameplay is worthwhile and this looks like a blinding game. i cant wait to give it a run-around, its only available with episode 2 tho and after my "4 hour on hard journey" through episode 1 im not sure i want to shell out another score for E2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Looks good alright - however, Prey got there first.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Valve's implmentation of the Portal stuff is far better imo. Also, the only reason they did it was BECUASE Prey did it. :D

• Advertisement

ah god dammit, it appears to be a single player game only :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Valve's implmentation of the Portal stuff is far better imo. Also, the only reason they did it was BECUASE Prey did it. :D

Look at the prey portal footage from 1998 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Hrm, can't remember that far back to be honest but I don't recall the portal tech being used in a weaponised form? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

yeah there was orginally a portal weapon in the early prey demo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Looks good alright - however, Prey got there first.

Yep exactly what I thought.

unfortunatly my PC is too crap to run Prey

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

tf2 trailer

sort of still related to this topic :p

/wees pants

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Down with that sort of thing.

• Advertisement