Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone Contract Question

• 18-07-2006 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Does anyone know if Vodafone as a condition of getting a bill pay phone upgrade off them extend your contract for say another 12 or 18 months? Or is it true that once your initial contract with them is up, you move on to a one month cancellation contract regardless of whether you get an upgrade off them or not? I was in a Vodafone shop recently and the impression I was given was that if you get an upgrade, they will extend your contact, but I did upgrade once with vodafone a few years back and I don't remember signing a new contract. I'm presuming you actually have to sign the contact, if there is one.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Best of my knowledge you sign a form and its a 12 month contract extension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

An upgrade is basically an incentive to resign your contract. I'm suprised you didn't have to sign anything. Did you do it online or in a shop? Normally in a shop you sign a contract printed from the computer, then the person in the shop gives you a copy. It's generally 12 months, but sometimes they have 18 month contracts with free insurance, double minutes, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Sapele

I upgraded via the 1907 number I’m sure, definitely not the shop. I remember doing it by phone because it was €10 cheaper. They then posted the phone to me. I asked a friend who recently upgraded his phone with vodafone as well, and he was never sent out a contract to sign. I wonder just by accepting the phone are you tied to the extended contract. I'm sure someone could put up a good argument that if the contract is not actually signed then it's not valid ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭detritus

Completing an upgrade means that you have agreed to extend your contract by the given period.

as the previous poster has pointed out, 12 / 18 months are the options for upgrades right now.

If you purchase online or over the phone , then the letter you receive confirming the upgrade should indicate the terms of your new contract.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

A verbal contract is still a contract, you would not be getting the upgrade if you do not agree to a 12 month contract!

• Advertisement
Advertisement