Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Unlimited ISDN + Cisco 903

Options
  • 18-07-2006 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi guys,

I live in Mayo and cant get anything better than 128k ISDN out here, however we hav about 5 PCs in the house, and id like them ALL to be able to connect at once or individauly.

So I baught a Cisco 803 ISDN Router of eBay.

It arrived this morning, and came with the Cisco FastStep software to set it all up.

Theres 2 things that can happen, either, I get about half way through the setup, where it asks to test the connection, and it will return an error saying no ISDN connection was able to be made.

The other is to skip the test and just go straight to uploading the config to the router, this then results in no DNS working.

IE. I can Ping sites if I know there IP address fine, and the Router will connect itself to the internet, but I cant view websites, or resolve Web addresses.

I have tried several diffrent DNS severs ranging from frinds PCs setup as DNSs to Eircoms own.

Basicaly I have been at this for about 10 hours straight, and I am all out of ideas!!!

Any help would be greatly appricated!!

Thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Squeegee

Not too familiar with the 803, but if you can telnet to it and type "enable" then "sh run" you should see the config. Look for a line like:
    !
    ip name-server 192.253.2.11
    ip name-server 192.253.2.75
    !
    If you dont see this line add it with:
    #conf t
    #ip name-server <eircoms-dns-ip>

then
    #exit
    #wr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 xPETEZx

Thanks for the reply.

I got it working by turning of the DHCP sever on the 803, and manully assigning IPs and DNS severs on all the clients.

New problem... DVO (Call Dumping)

I cant seem to get this to work... any ideas?

Also, how do I edit the config like that??

I done all my config with Cisco Fast Step software....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Squeegee

Hi xPetezx

try and telnet to connect to the router IP address (eg. telnet 192.168.1.1)
    you will get a prompt for a password or user/password - type in your password.

you will see a prompt like:
    Router#

type in:
    Router#show run
    you will see the configuration.

to change anything type in:
    Router#conf terminal
    Router(config)# <- at this prompt you can paste in any commands from the config below

for the DVO problem check your ios verion - this guy got it working, take a look at his config:
    http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=500039#r4

-Squeegee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

xPETEZx wrote:
    Thanks for the reply.

I got it working by turning of the DHCP sever on the 803, and manully assigning IPs and DNS severs on all the clients.

New problem... DVO (Call Dumping)

I cant seem to get this to work... any ideas?

Also, how do I edit the config like that??

I done all my config with Cisco Fast Step software....

when you do get it working watch out for those routers connecting them selves to the internet.. cos an automatic vius update or msn or something.... better off doing your connection an disconnection manually.. dont rely on the ti mer...

Advertisement