Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Cleaners

Options
  • 18-07-2006 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭

Does anyone use a cleaning service?

We're looking to engage a cleaner for a couple of hours a week for light cleaning and maybe some ironing if time permits.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

We're looking to engage a cleaner for a couple of hours a week for light cleaning and maybe some ironing if time permits.

The guy who drives the shuttle bus is Slovakian and his significant other has an ad on the bus for any type work. Haven't got around to getting anyone in yet myself, but was going to give her a try because they seem like decent folk (but her English is limited)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭daveco23

Marcais wrote:
    The guy who drives the shuttle bus is Slovakian and his significant other has an ad on the bus for any type work. Haven't got around to getting anyone in yet myself, but was going to give her a try because they seem like decent folk (but her English is limited)
    Lots of ads for cleaners over in superquinn noticeboard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 CD_GD

Hi, if you do get someone in could you post up how you found them! We are due to move in at the end of August and will definitely be getting someone in too. Would be good to get someone with a recommendation!

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Lazy Git:eek:

There are loads of agencies that do this, probably might pay top dollar but at least you know you will be getting top service and will have come back if anything goes wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I work hard enough during the week and have enough other committments without having to sacrifice half a day over the weekend to clean and do laundry etc...

Anyone I know who's used a cleaning agency has been pretty unhappy at the standard of hygiene. I've heard of them using the same impliments/cloths etc in the bathroom before moving on to the kitchen.

I would rather engage a local person who we can develop a rapport with and build up trust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭GAN

As a previous poster said, try the notice boards in Superquinn, Tesco and Super valu. We've had a cleaner for around two years now and I can highly recommend hiring one, she comes for a few hours every Friday afternoon, does all the ironing and leaves the place looking like a showhouse. If you are busy during the week and work long hours, it is worth every penny and leads to domestic harmony all round, with no arguments about whose turn it is to clean the toilets!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Johnc72

Can you pm me her number Gan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Decks

GAN wrote:
    As a previous poster said, try the notice boards in Superquinn, Tesco and Super valu. We've had a cleaner for around two years now and I can highly recommend hiring one, she comes for a few hours every Friday afternoon, does all the ironing and leaves the place looking like a showhouse. If you are busy during the week and work long hours, it is worth every penny and leads to domestic harmony all round, with no arguments about whose turn it is to clean the toilets!!

Hi Gan, just pm'ed you there. could you please pm/email your cleaners number, just moved into charlesland and need a cleaner.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Liam81

hey cud you also pm me your cleaners number, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Gwenneh

AT the risk of overworking your cleaning lady, can you please PM me her number? The one I was looking to hire hasn't shown, and I'm not best impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Gwenneh

*bump*

Anybody? Please? My house needs help!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ChrisD

Try Blitz Cleaning Services in Kilcoole, domestic and small commercial work.. They cover Bray, Greystones and surrounding areas. Run by a Bray woman called Marie on 0868 263962.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement