Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alcatraz Haunting

Options
  • 18-07-2006 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

Some very interesting information about Alcatraz here also there is a lot of information on the most haunted sites in the US!

http://www.prairieghosts.com/gpalcatraz.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

A friend of mine worked in Alcatraz a few years back as a tour guide, must ask her about the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Its suppose to be very active!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I got a few orbs last year when i was there, mainly outside though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

6th wrote:
    A friend of mine worked in Alcatraz a few years back as a tour guide, must ask her about the place.
    Indeed 6th!

I wonder if anyone has ever setup a streaming cam from inside there!! (I didnt ever know this about Alcatraz)

oh did i ever share my orbs from there, I got lots of them, mainly when i had the flash on.

joking aside I really liked the place, the way the Indians took it over and the history of it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

People from the TAPS team were there and investigating the 'goings on!'

I'm not sure if this is from Alcatraz visit but it does say its a famous prison so I am gathering it is.

i remember that alright, Its in series one, or maybe the start of series two ( i stopped watching around then) it might also have been eastern state penitentiary, another deadly place, I love those huge old jails.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Stoner wrote: »
    I got a few orbs last year when i was there, mainly outside though

Im printing this out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

merlie wrote: »
    People from the TAPS team were there and investigating the 'goings on!'

I'm not sure if this is from Alcatraz visit but it does say its a famous prison so I am gathering it is.

I really used to like taps ,but unfortunately after the numerous allegations of fakery from the jacket tugging incident on the live show to former members confessing to faking some parts of the show ,I can't give any of their footage credibility.Nothing on the show can be taken seriously anymore.Even if they got the best ghost footage ever they've lost all credibility to be taken seriously ,it's all about money and ratings.I read that pressure from studio executives for more ghostly incidents is the reason for this.

I really used to like taps ,but unfortunately after the numerous allegations of fakery from the jacket tugging incident on the live show to former members confessing to faking some parts of the show ,I can't give any of their footage credibility.Nothing on the show can be taken seriously anymore.Even if they got the best ghost footage ever they've lost all credibility to be taken seriously ,it's all about money and ratings.I read that pressure from studio executives for more ghostly incidents is the reason for this.

Every ghost show fakes something if not all of the paranormal activity. GHI is one of the worst offenders if offenders is the right word to use. Its an entertainment show not a ghost hunting show in the same way as if you were to go to Walford you wouldnt find Phil Mitchell working in the arches and Carraigstown is a street made of cardboard and there isnt a pretentious yet lovable psychiatrist in Seattle called Fraiser Crane.

These shows are not real!

dreams.gif

• Advertisement

Riamfada wrote: »
    Every ghost show fakes something if not all of the paranormal activity. GHI is one of the worst offenders if offenders is the right word to use. Its an entertainment show not a ghost hunting show in the same way as if you were to go to Walford you wouldnt find Phil Mitchell working in the arches and Carraigstown is a street made of cardboard and there isnt a pretentious yet lovable psychiatrist in Seattle called Fraiser Crane.

Yeah I do remember watching it when it started years ago when it was just Jason and Grant and it was good.Not every time did they get something and it was all very amature stuff but enjoyable.The same has now happened to paranormal state on discovery ,then moved to bio and I believe it's moving to the entertainment catagory soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

NIGH is pretty realistic. They report on what they actually get and it isn't a lot which is realistic. But great history and programme.

KeithAFC wrote: »
    NIGH is pretty realistic. They report on what they actually get and it isn't a lot which is realistic. But great history and programme.

What is NIGH ,nothing came up in google

I presume you mean Northern Irish Ghost Hunters and no it is not real. Everyone reports on what they get, they just dont report on what it actually is. Seriously, Its not real. Its entertainment and thats it. Its about as real as Santa Claus.

If I went out and took a picture of Santa Clause in Arnots meeting kids, is that possible proof of the existence of Santa Clause? Its not real!!! Seriously .... do you think a TV company would give a few hundred thousand pounds to a gang of ghost hunters & a TV slot on the off chance that they might find a ghost. No they dont, they give them the money on the premise that they will find a ghost or something that could possibly be a ghost on every episode and that the medium will be entertaining.

Argh!

What is NIGH ,nothing came up in google

The end?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

former members confessing to faking some parts of the show

I can never work out how people can take anything on TV for anything other than entertainment. I would though, love to hear about the quote above - afaik, no-one associated with TAPS has ever talked about fakery.

The end?

northern ireland ghost hunt or something along those lines I would assume

Ive lost track of all the obligitory acronyms but I was hoping you would get "the end is NIGH"?

maccored wrote: »
    I can never work out how people can take anything on TV for anything other than entertainment. I would though, love to hear about the quote above - afaik, no-one associated with TAPS has ever talked about fakery.

donna on ghost divas live? I think its been well documented how that was set up, and donna later retracted virtually everything.

• Advertisement

... though apparently she has a habit of speaking her mind and then changing it afterwards, but - it's a tv show.

Yeah Northern Irelands greatest haunts.

I presume you mean Northern Irish Ghost Hunters and no it is not real. Everyone reports on what they get, they just dont report on what it actually is. Seriously, Its not real. Its entertainment and thats it. Its about as real as Santa Claus.

If I went out and took a picture of Santa Clause in Arnots meeting kids, is that possible proof of the existence of Santa Clause? Its not real!!! Seriously .... do you think a TV company would give a few hundred thousand pounds to a gang of ghost hunters & a TV slot on the off chance that they might find a ghost. No they dont, they give them the money on the premise that they will find a ghost or something that could possibly be a ghost on every episode and that the medium will be entertaining.

Argh!
    Have you actually watched any of the shows? Go tell them that on their facebook and see what replies you would get.

They don't get anything of note on the series they have done in a visual sense. Perhaps only one thing which they have caught which i have posted on here before, but most of it is audio in itself.

Its not fake. Just because something is done on TV, does not mean its faked. I seen no faking on it from watching it because there isn't any sensationalizing on from the investigation point of view.

The spiritualists do their thing which they do as do all spiritualists around the world but its the one show which impresses me the most on how they investigate and the basic guide lines they use.

I think you should talk to Derren about what you think was faked about it. Its easy to get in touch with him.

Listen I know TV shows, I know Radio Shows these things are either faked or scripted before shoot. Im not going to contact anyone about it because they arnt going to reply with their name in tow "ah yeah sure its all a load of bollocks but we get paid for it" so I can post it up here for the world to see.

Im not attacking that show in particular or any show I am just stating the facts of TV, Most Haunted was faked, Northern Ireland Greatest Haunts is faked, Ghost Hunters International was faked. By faked I mean their medium preforms on demand and they make a "possibly" paranormal out of a mundane and easily explained incidents.

TV is scripted but you seem to be a hardcore believer in this paranormal TV & president of the NIGH fan club so I doubt you will see it the same without actually being brought to a filming session. I learned the hard way when my beloved Time Team turned out to be the same, like my heart was ripped out. I wish I had never gone to see it being filmed.

Perhaps I just need to learn to trust again.

Apologies for off topic posting.

Listen I know TV shows, I know Radio Shows these things are either faked or scripted before shoot. Im not going to contact anyone about it because they arnt going to reply with their name in tow "ah yeah sure its all a load of bollocks but we get paid for it" so I can post it up here for the world to see.

Im not attacking that show in particular or any show I am just stating the facts of TV, Most Haunted was faked, Northern Ireland Greatest Haunts is faked, Ghost Hunters International was faked. By faked I mean their medium preforms on demand and they make a "possibly" paranormal out of a mundane and easily explained incidents.

TV is scripted but you seem to be a hardcore believer in this paranormal TV thing so I doubt you will see it the same without actually being brought to a filming session. I learned the hard way when my beloved Time Team turned out to be the same, like my heart was ripped out.

Perhaps I just need to learn to trust again.
    You see, I agree with many of the things you said but I just know if I was to go out on an investigation with that team, a lot of what was seen is what most likely we would be doing on that investigation which isn't being filmed for TV.

Of course editing plays a big part. A reason why I think TV psychic stage shows should be banned or just show a one hour show unedited. And I know many shows aren't what they seem and I know a lot of it is for TV ratings. Most Haunted was enjoyable but it was what goes on in many investigations all over the UK and Ireland. People going into locations with hand held cams and no real basic guide lines in what they doing. Hince why small noises are amplified and suggestion etc plays a big part. But I was impressed with this on how they investigated at least and I also really enjoyed it as a programme in general.

TV will never really be REALITY in the such but I don't think everything on TV is faked and I don't think NIGH is faked in that they make up 'evidence' and use special effects etc. Most Haunteds problem was they set out in a geniune way at the start, didn't have a clue what they were doing and were a bit innocent but as the show grew and they got more money to produce it, after Pendle Hill, the show started to go down the plain ridiculous route.

I learned the hard way when my beloved Time Team turned out to be the same, like my heart was ripped out. I wish I had never gone to see it being filmed.

Sorry for off topic posting but I am curious ,how is time team faked??

Sorry for off topic posting but I am curious ,how is time team faked??

Ill send you a PM later, I dont want the Time Team police after me.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

Northern Ireland Greatest Haunts is the only Paranormal Show I will watch or give any credibility too. When they find nothing, they admit there was nothing. They don't need to fake it.

dreams.gif

GHI I will admit is one of the worst offenders. It's great to watch every now and again, but they are not credible, after all that is why Brandy Green quit the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Ill send you a PM later, I dont want the Time Team police after me.

Noooooo, spill the beans. Time team can't be fake :(

Advertisement