Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

THE FANTASY LEAGUE (ok, so we will use this thread every week from now on)

• 18-07-2006 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

i have one important question question.
    HAVE these guys given up = chopperbyrne, mr nice guy, lita forever, cactus col and nightmareof gold?
    if your team is listed above please confirm you have given up on this league. i was looking at your teams for this week and the only words that came to mind are 'my god'.
    the top 5 teams seem to be the only ones with a good team. what really worries me is that i am in 5th place, i thought that was ok (5/10 at least i was not last) but really i am last. if the top 5 teams are the only ones that care about the league and the only ones working at it and i am 5th that makes me last.noooooo...................
    i really want to finish 2nd now. fozzy has won it, for sure and out of the next 4 anyone cold finish 2nd.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'm 173rd after Raw, which isn't a very big drop, so obviously all the top ranked people haven't included any Raw guys this week, which makes sense

I was lucky this week, I only remembered to pick my team at half 11 last night, and the deadline is 12. But the site was takin forever to open, it got workin again so I just had enough time to pick my team. Undertaker should be the first pick for everyone this week I think

Ooh..just lookin at it now, XXX-Treme has a very good chance of finishin on top this week, especially if Noble and Kash win the tag titles. I couldn't predict that match so I picked one guy from each team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I picked a team and haven't bothered going back since. I even have the dog on my team!

When the next one starts up I'l pay closer attention to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Nightmareofgold

ah i havent excatly given up, its just that my internet is F***Ed so i rarely be on the net becuase im not bothered using net cafes a wild lot ya no, but im still there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

END OF WEEK 9.
    fozzy has gone even further ahead. its
    fozzy
    jongore
    vince
    me (yes i am no longer the last of the good guys, vince i want 3rd place)
    bob squish

****..completely forgot to pick my team..20 minutes and I'll be back....

Just about managed to pick my team in time. Unfortunately I didn't know that Big Show is defendin the title against Kane this week, so I didn't pick him. Only match I knew of was Highlanders vs Spirit Squad, but I dunno which members. So my team is very dodgy this week. Someone else could easily beat me this week

131st overall this week by the way

EDIT: I forgot to check last week's results til now, I was beaten last week, as I thought I might be! You's have a chance this week too, 2 of my Raw picks weren't on the show

• Advertisement

END OF WEEK 10

the big news is that FOZZY did bad this week, 2nd last he was, i think it was the jelly babies he beat. this is the way things stand, anyway
    fozzy
    if the next 3 weeks were bad like week 10 jongore could pip you.
    jongore---2638
    i think you will finish the league in 2nd.
    vince
    you could end up 2nd or 4th.
    me
    3rd, 4th or last of the good guys is on the cards for me.
    ----bob
    2nd last of the good guys or last of the good guys i reckon.

====week 10 was interesting
    ===jongore====189===you might, might get close to fozzy
    ===me=======166===lord, i was full sure i would be best this week.
    ===lita======151====mabye (if you walked) took your time your assets would not jump up and down so much.
    ===bob=====134===trying to get out of 5th. hard luck.
    ===vince===121===just plodding along.

Haha, I did terrible this week! Must be cos of the rush I was in tryin to pick my team! I've dropped to 320 overall. No bother though, I'm sure I'll have it fixed and back to proper order this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

At the rate im going backwards at I'll be last by the end of it!

thats right bobsquish, you were in 2nd place for ages and then you dropped big time.
    anyway, as i have said before weeks 2,3 and 4 were bad for me and it was smack down that fecked me. i had some awful bad luck those weeks with smack down. i lost a lot of ground to fozzy those weeks. since week 5 i have had only one choice (take a chance) and i had no luck in doing that.

END OF WEEK 11
    well it looks like the top 3 is going to be FOZZY , JONGORE AND VINCE.
    the only way i can finish in 2nd or 3rd is to have a good week 12 and do better (than vince and jongore) in summer slam.

christ Fozzy you are lucky. you must have been thinking along the same line as me last week---- 'you know i am only going to pick one highlander'
    problem is you picked the right one and i picked the wrong one.
    vince had a good week, top 3 this week was fozzy, vince and me.
    you know something, i have not got a clue what team i should pick this week. the week before a main event is a dicey week with teams because the guys in the main event just talk and thats feck all points, then again they could have a match. the guys that are not in the main event are cheap to buy (value for money) then they may not be on raw and smack down!!!!!!!!! what to do???????????????????????/

• Advertisement

I decided to try a slightly different strategy this week, cos I didn't have much of a clue what'd be happening in WWE this week. Looks like it hasn't really paid off..
    Punk didn't have a match, and I was so close to picking Mike Knox, instead I picked a second Highlander, neither of which had matches. Knox was ECW's high scorer. SD had better pay off!

Vin's doin very well this week, and still some decent picks left for SD

end of wwek 12
    lord it took ages for the end of week scores to be posted after smackdown
    anyway Vince did really well. 2nd place now vince.
    fozzy---3202
    vince---2924
    jongore---2899
    me---2740
    what went wrong jongore, i could pass you out and that looked impossible a few weeks ago.
    bob squish---2666

the top 3 teams this week.
    vince---186
    fozzy---172
    me---153

Well, it looks like I've got it won, but I'd still like to win the last week. I've really gone out on a limb with my picks though..it's all or nothing!

EDIT: And after Raw..it's pretty much nothing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

THink I'll finish second still, had a few lousey weeks recently :confused:

congrats to fozzy our new champ.

1---fozy---3466
    2---vince---3222
    3---jongore---3176
    4---me---3075
    5---bob squish---3002
    6---lita---2472
    7---?---team devilship---2288
    8---cactus col---2197
    9---mr nice guy---2106
    10---nighmareof gold---1914
    11---chopperbyrne---1427

cant wait till the next fantasy league, when i will reclaim what is rightfully mine, the gold title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

nuts, what a crappy few weeks:( I'll get ye all next time:D

yeah jongore, you lost 2nd place. not only did vince pass you out but i was catching you. i think i was 300 points behind you at one stage. you also had a slim chance at winning the league at ons stage.

Just saw Summerslam the other night, pretty confident I had it won! Still, I did crap for the last few weeks of it. Hopefully my bad run wears off by the time of the next season

Until then, you can all bow down to your new king! Haha

Advertisement