Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hedgehog!

Options
  • 18-07-2006 10:47pm
    Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I went out to cut my lawn before it rains tomorrow, and I saw the cutest little hedgehog! I took a few pics with my phone - I really must get a new digital camera.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

He seemed to take a liking to you, very friendly little thing. :)

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Heh. He did a bit of rolling into a ball and huffing at me before he got used to the idea.

Picasa Web won't let me upload videos, so:

http://cunnane.net/Video005.3gp
    http://cunnane.net/Video006.3gp
    http://cunnane.net/Video007.3gp
    http://cunnane.net/Video008.3gp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

The hedgehog looks cute, great for your garden as they eat slugs and snails too.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Those pics are soo cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

i had one too dunno how he got in my backgarden but i tried to keep him as a pet funny little thing i gave him dog food and the noise of him eating it was somthing else. i let him go because ya cant have a pet hedgehog really now can you??!!!;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Mola.mola

hey,

hedgehogs are very precious. you should put out some water for it, it probably won't have a problem finding food. they're very good for a garden and as you'd agree are adorable little creatures. so leave some water out if you can, but other than that, try and leave it be.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I toyed briefly with the idea of keeping him, but it wouldn't be fair. My biggest concern was to avoid mowing him. When we were finished with the photo shoot, I carried him over to the shrubbery and let him go.

Actually, that was really the only reason I spent the time getting him to let me pick him up - I didn't know how else to get him off the lawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Mola.mola

Fair play boz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Ickle wickle thing, be careful now, they are full of ticks and fleas. They can also climb adn swim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Looks like a young'un in those photos, probably very young indeed :)

He's lucky he has found a nice person to let him live in your garden, try your best to keep him in your garden, much better than under a car tyre on a road :(

Bit of water now an then is all he will need, an if you are feeling particularly energetic sometime, maybe dig up a couple of worms for the little guy ;)

b

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

We've just gotten a hedgehog too! We'd wanted one for ages because we had so many slugs and snails in the garden and I looked into buying one but it's against the law to keep a hedgehog enclosed in any way unless it's for medical treatment so I couldn't get one. Lo and behold, a hedgehog suddenly shows up! He's adorable, apparently he has gotten quite tame and will wander around the lawn now, I'm in America at the minute but am looking forward to seeing him cos they're so cute! His name is Sonic. My mother is giving him cat food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Hedgehogs are great! I had one in my garden recently, named him Hurley, and he took care of the slug problem nicely. Gave him water and dried cat food. Unfortunately, he only stuck around for a couple of weeks. I was hoping he'd reappear but I think he's moved on.

Advertisement