Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keep recieving same message from 3G phone over and over

• 18-07-2006 10:53pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Simple query,

why when someone with a 3G phone sends me a text message, do i keep recieving that message about 20 times over the next 2 days?

Ive two friends with 3G phones, im a vodafone ready to go user, this happens whenever either of them text me.

Anyone else with this problem?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It has happened me a few times in the past, best call your network and get your mates to do the same.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Apparnetly there was a problem like this with vodafone over the last month..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

dont suppose your friends are with three ? and were you or him/her abroad when the msgs were sent?

if not like the other guys said call your network because that should not be happening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

A friend who is currently on holidays (Vodafone customer) has received the same message from me (Three customer) about 15 times, including once at 4a.m.!

Apparently it's something to do with the network the phone is roaming on not registering receipt of the SMS message, so it keeps attempting to send it.

The important thing is that I'm only charged for the one SMS I've sent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

well im in lanzarote at the moment and im with 3
    i sent a txt to a vodafone ireland number who is also out here
    she received the txt 73 times before it stopped

i should only get charged once but since im abroad i dont know but 3 will reinburse me anyway
    3 need to sort this out

anyway i cant help morpheous out till he tells us if his friend is with 3 or not

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I sometimes get the same message, over and over. No idea why. :/
    I'm meteor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

1huge1 wrote:
    i should only get charged once but since im abroad i dont know but 3 will reinburse me anyway
    3 need to sort this out
    you will only get charged once

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

When a text is sent, the sending network looks for confirmation from the receiiving network that the message is sent. If the receiving network has some problem in confirming the text is received, the sending network will keep trying to send it again and again.
    The problem here is that the message has been received, but the confirmation hasn't been given. Which is why you get it tens of times.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

hi guys,

thanks for the very late posts!!!! what aer you all doing up at this hour!??

Im up North for a few days, theyre on the 3 network back in republic.

I did once get it back in Dublin when my friend texted me from swords, so i dont think its just when your abroad.

I got same message 3 times last night around 5am. She sent the original on monday afternoon.

Advertisement