Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADMIN Suggestion: Listed Mods for forum

Options
  • 18-07-2006 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭

There seems to be an awful lot of people who don't know or care about the structures of boards.ie who get confused by the fact that all of the CMods are listed as a mod of all the forums in their category.

Would it be possible, without changing how the cmods work whatsoever, to remove the name of the CMod from each individual forum list.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

This is a feature of vBulletin, so its a vB issue. If a cmod is removed from the forums, he/she in return will not be able to moderate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

There seems to be an awful lot of people who don't know or care about the structures of boards.ie who get confused by the fact that all of the CMods are listed as a mod of all the forums in their category.

Would it be possible, without changing how the cmods work whatsoever, to remove the name of the CMod from each individual forum list.

I don't see what this would achieve. I regard myself as a moderator of almost all of the games cat, although I'm only actually active in some. Also some catagories have forums without a mod. Would listing those forums as having no moderators be a good idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

amp wrote:
    Would listing those forums as having no moderators be a good idea?
    *cough*
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showgroups.php
    And doesnt it say at the end of every forum who is he mod,and even if there isnt a mod there is a Cat Mod so it wouldnt make a difference. Also in the newbies faq there is a breakdown of what each mod is and the stars that go with them. Its on the wiki as well somewhere but cant find it *shrugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

I don't think you understood the OP. Also [wiki]moderator[/wiki] and [wiki]stars[/wiki].

I agree with what I think amp is saying. Forums which appear to have no mod are not a good idea.

Advertisement