Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City of Heroes/Villians Double XP Weekend

Options
  • 18-07-2006 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭

They sent me an email notification that was all in French for some reason... but I got the jist of it...

Here's what they say on their website:
    DoubleXP.jpg
    Heroes, prepare to experience our first ever Double XP Weekend event! The rules are simple - all characters will receive double the XP for all of their accomplishments in the game for the duration of the event. What’s more, Influence and Prestige awards will also be doubled during this time!

The Double XP Weekend will begin at 9am BST* on Friday 21 July, and run through to 9pm BST* on Sunday 23 July.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

hopefully it won't be double xp debt as well:P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

hairball wrote:
    hopefully it won't be double xp debt as well:P
    Ha... hadn't thought of that.

But I'll definitely be heading for level 40 this weekend with my main villian, very slow going at the moment as all I have are paper missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

mines at 44...but i've hit one of those slow patches where it seems no matter how many missions you do the xp bar just crawls along...whats your chars name again and is he on defiant? cos i 'm sure we could hook up..i've plenty of missions atm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Its just double XP :-)

They are just encouraging altaholicism.. Wish they would just make some end
    game content and fix some of the bugs.

My villain is 48. And doin the Recluses SF is a pain at that level. I dinged during
    the last one right at the end. I lost my mentor and my debuffs went to shizzle
    and damage went down the drain too. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

I8 is supposed to have some post lvl 50 content. In the mean-time just do what most lvl 50s do, roll alts, badgehunt, stock up on Hami-Os and PvP.
    Supposed to be another of these (the double XP weekend) before Christmas, positron's not said when though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

I'm thinkin bout jumpin back into CoH/V... did I7 change much? I left around feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'm thinkin bout jumpin back into CoH/V... did I7 change much? I left around feb.
    Most of the changes have been to CoV.

You can now get up to level 50 and there are lots of new powers to get.

The Mayhem missions are another new addition, where you go on a rampage in Paragon City. You have a time limit to rob a bank and defeat a hero, but you get extra time for evading arrest and destroying property.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Mayhem missions are a lot of fun. I think there were a few new power sets introduced in I7 as well .. the thugs mastermind, and the electric brute.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

/sob!

living in no internet land has robbed me of my CoH/CoV goodness..... /me weeps

Been so long though I think my char must have been deleted by now :( will have to start over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Most of the changes have been to CoV.

You can now get up to level 50 and there are lots of new powers to get.

Myself and three friends are going through CoV with masterminds with the new thug power set. It's horribly unbalanced in some ways but it's freaking hilarious. Especially when all four of us unleash Gang War and frames per second changes to seconds per frame as dozens of little buggers rush on and start beating up eveything in sight. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Gang war is a lot of fun. What server you playing on, and character name / level?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

LoLth wrote:
    /sob!

living in no internet land has robbed me of my CoH/CoV goodness..... /me weeps

Been so long though I think my char must have been deleted by now :( will have to start over.
    Don't worry, they don't do that as yet AFAIK, don't even free up your character names.
    You will however be losing out on the veterans rewards you would get if still subscribed and will have to wait to get them.
    (it's a system based off your total paid up time used)

Advertisement