Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Others using our bins..

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

wyndham wrote:
    Whats wrong with this practice? Doesn't make any difference to the person who owns the bin.
    Lots of people pay by weight.

Whats wrong with those people using their own bins?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

wyndham wrote:
    Not if I had already put it out and had no further waste to add to it. Better to go in unwanted space in a bin than on the side of the road somewhere or over a ditch. Doesn't cost me anything.

In some areas in Ireland including Dublin the bin charges are done by weight. Simple fact there are alot of people using other bins because they are to cheap to pay charges themselves. I think you will find those guys driving around are probably said people. As for the neighbour using your bin that is totally unacceptable. If they had the manners to ask do you mind if they use your bin it may make it half alright.

In my case I like to re-cycle everything so my black bin is usually only put out every second week. The reason is because we need bin tags. I do not buy bin tags for other people to use my bin. Simple as.

Wyndam where do you live anyway that you do not pay bin charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Obviously, where a pay-by-weight system is in place it's unacceptable as it will have an affect on the owner of the bin. This could be classed as theft possibly.

wyndham wrote:
    Obviously, where a pay-by-weight system is in place it's unacceptable as it will have an affect on the owner of the bin. This could be classed as theft possibly.

Ok so my point didn't were I pay for bin tags still doesn't convince you it is unacceptable full stop. You obviously do not pay bin charges where you live and that is rare in Ireland these days. Anyone who has to pay charges no matter what type this using someelses bin is unacceptable full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Wyndam where do you live anyway that you do not pay bin charges?

I do pay bin charges? When I said it doesn't cost me anything, I meant it wouldn't cost anything extra to fill up the space in the bin.

• Advertisement

wyndham wrote:
    I do pay bin charges? When I said it doesn't cost me anything, I meant it wouldn't cost anything extra to fill up the space in the bin.

Ok so if you fill up space in some elses bin they are paying for your waste no??? What it comes down to don't use some elses bin without their permission. If you have extra waste either re-cycle or go to your local waste management centre.

Advertisement